Have you ever heard of people feeling "drained" by being around short people (or tall people)?

I have noticed it happens in my case. I feel my energy gets drained when I'm around people who are shorter than me, no matter their age (as long as they are adults) or their gender, but being around taller people (again no matter their age/gender) my energy gets lifted up.

Ever heard about such cases?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never heard this before... maybe it is something with a mental connection where you feel you can't really hold your head up around them?

No actually it's true, and I have noticed this on myself. That's the reason I always wear extremely flat shoes, and I don't feel well being the taller among a group (this happens especially with the elderly. not much with young people).

weird...

I think the reason is because I was raised only by my mother for most of my life, and she was always overprotective. So I was always looking up to her. So being taller I feel like being in charge.

Just my guess though.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really but I would rather be around shorter people so I could look taller😊

So I guess you are just like me, but in the opposite way.

You, not me.

Oh ok

What Girls Said 9

• No... what the fuck?

I think it's like with introverts and extroverts. Extroverts feel drained by being alone, and introverts feel drained by being in a crowdy place.

• You figured it out. Short people are closer to hell and we use that to our advantage as we suck people's souls.

• No and I honestly don't think this is a thing :P

• I am short and my boyfriend is really tall. He has never complained about this.

• Sounds weird to me. Never heard of that.

• What the fuck? I've never heard of this

• No I felt left out around my tall friends though. Maybe you're tired of looking down on people

Well if I was looking down on most people, then I believe i wouldn't dare to step out of my home, knowing myself.

• That's odd, but then I am medium sized.

Maybe you slouch or strain to hear to hear them well, touch them, make eye contact?

• Umm Nooo and that's just dumb

What Guys Said 9

• Well... I actually get drained by being around people in general - short, tall, whatever. Unless I know the person, I feel very uncomfortable being with people.

• no i've never heard this. why do you think your energy feel drained being around people shorter than you?

I don't think, because it actually happens. I'm not crazy. My two guesses would be:

- I like taller women
      - I was raised only by a mother (who is still overprotective), and I always had to look up on her.

i don't mean go to a place and ask a bunch of people to surround you but simply going out in public and standing amongst crowds of people who are shorter than you

I already do that. For example when I stand on a queue and the person in front of me is shorter, I don't move away. I just tolerate it.

• You shouldn't trust short people. You know why they're so short, I'll tell you, it's because they're always sneaking around. But tall people aren't any better, always looking down on everyone else.

• Think this kid says it best.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

• nope but since im introvert my energy is drained if i hang around with people too much, so then i need my alone time to recharge my batteries

• I get drained by some of the stupid shit i hear on gag...

• You sound like a hypochondriac.

• Yes, midgets are known to steal your soul.

• No. That's really odd.