Girls, do you believe most men when they tell you what they like physically in women?

When we say stuff like 'I like a natural look on a woman' or 'I prefer a woman wear little makeup and not go all out with it'

juat seems like a lot of women just don't beleive when men state what they like in girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it. The purpose of makeup is to "enhance" whatever natural features you want to highlight, and not exactly to cover up perceived flaws. For me personally I've been told that I'm beautiful when I'm fully done up for a date, but also when I've just woken up and been drooling and snoring all over the place. I've gotten to the point where even though I doubt myself, I have no reason to believe any guy complimenting me is lying anymore.

Good to hear a gal actually believes us, when we say she is beautiful. Many women sadly underrate their looks! :)

@Prof_Don not going to lie, it is hard for most because we are inundated with images from the media telling us what we should look like, and more than half of us don't fit that mold, but yea, for me it's one of those cases where I can't find any reason why a guy WOULD lie to me (outside the obvious which I rule out for the sake of answering this question).

thank you for MH! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• They can't believe it. They won't believe it.

They live their whole lives in a state of deception, never saying what they mean, knowing that other women are exactly the same.

It simply isn't in their ability to grasp that men don't live like that. Men must, obviously, say one thing and mean something else. It's the way of the world. It has to be. Women can spend their entire lives looking for a Rosetta stone guide to the code men speak, because it never occurs to them that men don't speak in code. It can't. Their brains simply can't entertain the concept.

I've seen it on GAG, where women will convince themselves that men speak in code, but they (the men) don't even know they speak in code.

That's the level of delusion we're dealing with here.

This guy! Love it! Catch a clue girls: men are blunt, and not mind readers. Just say what you mean!

@idkwtftoputhere It could be. It could also be more complex. I'm not sure. When you deal with questions about how important dick size is, and 19 women reply saying it's not that important and 3 reply saying that for them it's really important but not the most important thing... and the guy goes "you see? All women demand a 9 incher!!" you have to wonder what goes on between his eye and his brain.

True. Good talk blue anon.

What Girls Said 31

• Yeah I don't believe them most of the time lol. I've had several men (guy friends and boyfriends) tell me they like that I don't wear makeup, and they're shocked when I tell them I wear makeup almost every day!

What I normally look like (with "natural" makeup):
    http://i.imgur.com/Ay1nmHx.jpg

What I look like "done up" (with less subtle makeup):
    http://i.imgur.com/d0ylxVK.jpg

You look fine with no makeup, average looking. Every man has different views on what they find attractive, so some want to see makeup, others don't. Even the way you style hair or what clothes you wear can enhance looks. Makeup comes off but skin doesn't so people should accept the "real" you.

I just mean they can't spot makeup on a person. So a girl can wear makeup and, like with me, they'll say "I like that you don't wear makeup!" when in reality I do. I just very rarely go bold with it.

There's a cartoon I found that pretty much sums it up.
      orig10.deviantart.net/.../...xandradal-d4cn2ro.png

So show us a photo with no makeup

• I believe it, but I also believe they're leaving out some critical parts.

I like a natural look on a woman (if she is naturally beautiful)
    I like a woman with a healthy appetite (if she is thing, otherwise I'll judge her for not eating a salad everyday)

Exaggearting to make a point, but you get the idea

What do you think of what the anon guy says below?

I just think its funny that all i did was just ask you why you think he's wrong and you just can't explain it... maybe he's really right and you can't admit it...

I think he is wrong because women don't believe men are talking in code, neither do we talk in code to ourselves. Most of the time we say what we mean. As I said he is wrong about that. duh !

• I believe THEY believe it.
    Haha But the thing is, they are never sure of what's natural... when makeup is concerned and also even plastic surgery... Guys just aren't that into details. It's like they see most things through beer goggles or murky water - if they glance at the woman and she looks shiny and has a good phisique - that's all they really care about (physically speaking).

• No I don't. Lol. Not wholly anyway.

Every time a guy says he likes a "natural" girl it's a really pretty girl with natural makeup (according to the pictures) and I get my most attention when sporting natural makeup. If I have my hair up in a bun and no makeup on, I still get flirted with but not half as much or people ask me if I've been sleeping or not. Lmao.

• I usually do believe them. In the case of make up, I would say that I believe they think they know what they like - from what I've seen on here, loads of men think that a woman is wearing little to no make up but the women can see that they're actually wearing quite a lot in an attempt to create the natural look.

• Lol, no. They say "no make up is best" but sure notice when you don't wear any XD Even my saint of a boyfriend notices when my dark circles and acne scars show. It's like this, I know he thinks I'm beautiful and appreciates my natural beauty. However, I get much more praise when I do apply make up.

• Well, men for the most part usually say exactly what they mean. They don't usually play mind games like most women do, so there you go.

• I look at what people do. If that's the same as what they say they like, then great, I believe them.

If not, I'm going to place more weight on their actions than their words.

so do you think guys are idiots in this instance?

thats still generalizing though lol

Saying men don't know what they are talking about when they talk about makeup is a general statement.

I meant in terms of scale (makeup vs. any and all topics), but sure. It's general, and I don't apologize for it, because it's pretty much true.

Sorry, but men don't use it, don't know it, and often can't recognize it when they see it. Asking their opinion on it is like asking girls' opinions on what's the best way to approach them. Nothing wrong with them sharing their opinions, but the majority of answers you'll get probably won't reflect reality that well. And if you follow that advice, it's not going to help you much in the dating world. Same thing with girls and beauty/makeup.

• I don't believe it because I know that men know nothing about makeup. They have no idea what "no makeup" "a little makeup" "a lot of makeup" etc look like.

I know what guys like in terms of makeup better than they do because I see how they act based on how much I'm wearing.

• It makes sense. I mean I think guys just wouldn't care too much about make-up and that ordeal, but it's just how some of us women are. We like make-up.

• I honestly don't care what he likes!

• No I never believe that, why? Because guys choose the girls with a lot of makeup on and they say they want a girl naturally beautiful? They're contradicting themselves.

• I'm taking your word for it.

Will I remove my makeup? lol, hell no.

Believe he's talking about the minority.

Women who fear men talking in 'code' are insecure and non-trusting.

• We don't believe it because the women they drool over are covered in makeup! And they think it's "natural" -__-

• I believe it. Doesn't mean they're going to end up with someone like that though.

I also think they leave things out that they like because it's not mainstream or taboo or their afraid of being embarrassed for admitting it.

• I don't think men understand the difference between a natural makeup look and no makeup at all.
    When I had a pic up, I got messages telling me how good I look without makeup when I had a full face of it on.

• No. What men do and say are two different things. Men still hit on women who wear a lot of makeup, wear revealing clothes, sleep around, have fake body parts more than those who dont do these things. Instragram models wouldn't have as many thirsty male followers if mens actions reflected their words.

• I believe them. Not every guy likes the same thing anyway :P
    But I try not to pay too much attention to that, I just do what I like, and if the guys like it too, then it's a bonus!

• Yes, I believe, they wouldn't tell me they like ugly girls, that's for sure :P

• I like it when they like makeup, because I wear makeup and it is nice to feel appreciated. And I really just don't look as good without makeup

• I believe it, because a lot of girls just think all or most men are sexist pigs who want sex. this is not true obviously, and it's also not true that all women think that. honestly if a guy is an asshole he's not gonn take the time to lie and say he likes the personality or a more natural looking woman,, and he would just say "I like ass n tits" (also nothing with men liking ass and titties, just that if that's the only thing they care about its douchey)

• No, I don't believe it.

• yep : D I do.

• It depends on the tone of the person's voice and body language and how well I know that person. Sometimes you can't tell at all even with the tone and body language, so it's hard to know.

The code part was a bit too much since I don't believe men or women speak in a certain code, only that they don't seem believe one another sometimes.

I agree with him though. If your man says he loves you without makeup and he's always telling you that, girls for god sake believe him...

• Its because y'all dont seem to know what 'no make up' really looks like because you mess it up with 'decent foundation, a bit of contour, not too much mascara and maybe some other stuff in nude colours'

so it seems what you are saying is its ok for women to generalize men, but not ok for men to generalize women? women know what they are talking about, but men don't?

Ohmygosh i DID NOT SAY THAT.

• I usually do

• With the make up part yes. Other things, no.

• I don't believe nothing you say 😈 . You guys always lie

• I do, because if the guy's dating me, he knows already that I'm not really a makeup kind of girl.

• I don't. Because guys go for exactly opposite of what they say

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 5

• My perspective with women using makeup is this: I consider makeup an art form for the face. So I don't mind makeup at all, and I have a fetish for women who wear colorful makeup on the lips and around the eyes. So fucking pretty! ;-)

My only hangup with makeup is that, I feel some women overuse foundation and powder compacts. No need to "cake" up your face that much! :-D

So it seems many of the girls here think you and most guys don't even know what you are talking about when talking about makeup. What do you think of that?

All I have to say about that is... I don't have to understand something to enjoy it. :-P

• Makeup covers flaws. We all have flaws, but don't need to fix who we are. It may look nicer but makeup is covering up who a girl really is. Are you interested in dating her makeup, or her. If you truly like her you will like her natural look.

Girls seem to think you need expensive bags, jewelry, and makeup to look beautiful when that's never been true. It's how companies brainwash women to pay extra for these items thinking they need them when they actually don't. They use a women's insecurities and tell her you "need" to buy this makeup to be noticed and look sexy, it's all lies... Men don't use makeup and we do fine.

I have a sister and a mother and used to be in graphic design and that included beauty magazines, so I knew plenty about it actually.

• I hope they believe me.

• Most men just like women in general.

Some girls should just have it on their face permanently.

Im kidding of course.

• If they aren't delusional, they can see if guys respond positively to them more with or without makeup, or with light vs. heavy.

That matters more than what guys say.

Guys are unreliable on this point, just as many women are unreliable in describing what they like in a man.