If your partner told you they hate hearing you cuss, would you stop or try not cussing around them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try not cussing around them. But tell them I'm making the effort, and I don't want to hear constant complaints from them about it. Complaints don't help, and just make me resent the effort to change.

Most Helpful Girl

• I swear like a sailor. I would be offended. your partner should love all of you, sounds nitpicky to me.

I would just sit down and discuss WHY it bothers him/her. Something small like that shouldn't be an issue with someone you are in a relationship with.

I've heard the "swearing doesn't make you sound very ladylike. It's my very classy" bs. They are just words. Very passionate ones, so fuck off ;)

What Guys Said 10

• If she's made a visible change for me in the past, then yes I would stop fucking cussing.

If she never made a change for me, then she can go gargle on a dick.

• "Well kabooligja you! I'm gonna invent my own cuss words and cuss the bazigini out of your kolooloo! "

• Maybe, because it depends if they do it or not. If they do it it makes it ok to say sometimes it in similar circumstances that they would use it in. If they aren't people who swear then i probably wouldn't do it as much anyways.

• I don't really cuss at all anymore, so it wouldn't be an issue.

• I'd break up with them. They sound like an uptight prude.

• Id try to avoid cussing when I was with them but Id still cuss around my friends.

• I'd try to not cuss around them

If they start nagging me, I'd immediately stop putting in effort

• I rarely cuss, so it won't be a issue.

• But wa de mug of juice?

• Yes of course. It is her place to tell me what to say and do.

What Girls Said 9

• I would try to educate and open their mind to language. This would be a small show of close-mindedness, and I wouldn't be with someone close-minded, anyway.

• Haha well considering I cuss like a sailor, we may not be a very good match...

• I would not cuss around them

• Umm, how would you feel if your partner said he hated hearing you speak?

• I'd stop, if they didn't swear themselves. But I mean it's not like I curse in front of people much anyway.

• I don't curse
    😛 But yeah I would be more aware of my tongue I guess to not curse

• I swear all the time, but if my partner asked me not to do it, I would do my best to respect their wish.

• Nope. I cussed a lot when we started dating so fuck off lol you decided to start a relationship knowing how I talked. Deal with it.

• Yes I would try to make an effort but let them know that i am only human and sometimes ill screw up.