America and guns whats the feeling?

Hi there i see lots of things on here about America and its gun laws etc, just wondering if its a wish of the majority to retain the right to bear arms or is it kind of a out dated policy from the wild west so to speak?

• No its our right
  • its impossible to reverse now
  • It is not regulated enough
  • I feel safer being armed but wish i didn't have to be
3mo Its just im from UK and we see news about mass shootings and i certainly think how can that happen in a modern diverse country like USA? We have problems to dont get me wrong but guns are not on sale or seen here at all really

Most Helpful Girl

• Never can be out dated. He says it best:

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty,"

That's exactly what it's for. Too bad my ancestors didn't have the right to keep and bear arms. There would have never been a USSR.

Thanks for MHO!

you deserve it for explaining it clearly your welcome!

What Girls Said 6

• The problem is there are nutcases that are allow to have guns. Most gun owners are fine. However, it is not perfect and needs to be fix.

• Love guns, but not a gun extremist.

• I own a gun, but I will not go around shooting people. It's only the crazy people that do.

Exactly!! When you own guns, you are NOT SUPPOSED TO GO AROUND, SHOOTING PEOPLE!!! That's the point!! Just about all, legal gun-owners don't commit crimes!! IT is CRAZY NUT JOBS, that STEAL, or ILLEGALLY BUY, or kill someone and TAKE THEIR LEGAL GUNS, that go and kill people!!
      NO SANE PERSON WOULD SHOOT A BUNCH OF KIDS!!! JUST BAT-SHT CRAZY IDIOTS DO THAT, in GUN-FREE ZONES (yeah, the government, and industry, making it easier for crazy people to kill, by banning guns in certain places!)

@SvetlanaSavachenko I wish that there was a way to record, and document, all the times someone with a gun just showed it, and stopped a RAPE or a crime!! NOBODY calls the police and just says "I just about got robbed, but I showed my shotgun and the punk ran away!!"
      The statistics are FLAWED in that way! They only report the CRIMES, when someone used a gun to kill, or rob, or rape!! NEVER when they just show it, and the potential 'crime' is averted!!

@SomeGuy37 Because the government wants the public to think guns are bad! So to do this they control the media and tell the media they can only report when guns are used in a bad way and never in a good way.

• I have like three guns and if some liberal wants to take them away from me. Good luck with that.

• It's 2016. You don't need a gun to hunt for a meal or protect yourself. That is why we have walmart and the police. Guns are just a tool for murder and destruction, yet for some reason people keep defending them. I know there are a ton of gun owners who aren't murderous psycho paths, but accidents do happen a lot. A father fatally shot his own son at a gun range, a child shot his mother while she was driving because a gun was left in the back seat, and I bet I could find a dozen more cases of where bad things happened to good people because of some bad luck and a gun. Guns are too easy to get. This is why crazy people can get guns and kill a ton of people. No average citizen needs a weapon that can kill two dozen people in a few seconds. America has a problem that needs to be fixed.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I can't change your opinion, and don't need to! I know what I know to be right, and I believe in the 2nd Amendment!!
      When I was growing up, my mom was VERY anti-gun, and made my father give away, or sell, all his father's rifles. So sad!
      She HATED GUNS, and actually protested against them!! I wasn't allowed to have 'War Toys' like little plastic soldiers, or cap guns, or anything!!
      Later, when she was in LA, working on a degree, she got caught up in the riots during the Rodney King, then OJ trials!
      She TOTALLY changed her opinion, and BEGGED, and PLEADED for me to bring her one of my guns, during that time!!
      It's ok to think guns are 'bad' and 'dangerous' but when YOUR LIFE is threatened, most people change their minds when they see someone they know, killed!!
      The police are there, just in time to put up the yellow tape, and draw chalk lines around the murdered victims!

@lkjhg69cum Really. When was the last time mass shootings occured in places with stricter gun control. There have been no mass shootings in australia in 20 years.

How many mass murders have there been in France lately? VERY strict gun control. Wow, thanks for the home run. What about Africa, the whole damn continent?

• It's our right, impossible to reverse now, and it's not regulated enough. No one HAS to be armed, but guns are a significant part of American culture. For hunting, recreation, home defense, etc.

What Guys Said 18

• The problem with guns is that they're the perfect catalyzer for anger, bitterness, paranoia and the like. I generally think owning a gun is dumb and guns are dangerous. I would never get one, even for my own benefit. But the real problem in America is that it has been suffering from severe social problems for decades now. The US is one of the most unequal societies in the world. This alone creates unspeakable amounts of injustice, envy, greed etc.. America also has totally insane forms of poverty; types of poverty that remind us more of a developing country than of a western industrialized nation, let alone a global super power. These extreme forms of poverty lead to all kinds of bad things. There's a good reason there are so many psychos living quietly in the American society. Poverty often comes hand in hand with emotional, physical and sexual abuse. Children growing up in unstable household. People being too poor to pay a therapist to cure a mental problem. All these and many other things come in play here. Furthermore, America has a pathetic public education system. So there are lots of people who are not only poor, angry and bitter but also uneducated. Next we have racial problems... I could go on and on.
    Like I said before, guns are dumb in all contexts in my opinion. However, it DOES make a significant difference whether you distribute guns in a wealthy, stable, rich and socially equal country or you distribute them in a county like America. The 2nd Amendment is for the US like it would be to give a gun to an angry, frustrated, paranoid beggar sitting in front of a bank. The angry beggar on his own is already dangerous and the gun on its own also holds some amount of danger but put these two together and you've built yourself a tinderbox. Anyone who then gets surprised that the beggar stands up, runs into the bank, kills some people and runs out with some cash is either really dumb or really naive.

• It's my right to bear arms and I personally find that the people that die every year to guns is sad and unfortunate but also a fair price to pay for protecting that right because of the families and kids that they also say.

Protecting yourself and your loved ones will never be outdated also the 2nd amendment does not grant the right to bear arms, the right to bear arms is a per-existanting right granted upon birth it's a natural right all the 2nd amendment does is protect that right.

YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT ( so that you fully understand what it is and what it says )
    https://youtu.be/FOwy9OWfnAM

( why the right is not and never will be outdated )
    https://youtu.be/2tuhjewGdSo

Also when it comes to the United States our rights are bound together when the 2nd falls the first is soon to follow and after that the whole thing falls apart.
    https://youtu.be/2tuhjewGdSo

• Thomas Jefferson expressed the truth of this situation well.
    "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Please travel the world a bit. You'll easily see how wrong Jefferson was on this one. There are lots of countries where the criminals do not own guns.

@BlueCoyote
      Travel the world a bit?
      I have been to all sorts of places and sometimes I carried a rifle and wore a uniform.
      If you cannot see that banning guns disarms only decent people, which renders most of the population defenceless against the criminal filth (and a tyrannical government, which is the real agenda of gun laws), then you fail the test of cognitive function.
      For example, here in Australia most of the guns were banned in 1996.
      Did this stop Lebanese Muslim crime gangs and Islamic terrorists getting their hands on firearms?
      Not one little bit. There was a time, not long ago, when there was about one Lebanese Muslim gang killing per week in Sydney. There are still almost weekly drive-by shootings of houses during the night.
      In Melbourne, gangs of young African men are terrorising suburbs, because the decent people have no way with which to defend themselves.
      You are naive in the extreme to believe that gun laws do anything other than disarm honest citizens.

• You should really do some proper research on this if you're interested. You will understand the situation far better than you ever well based on just what the news shows you. There are massive, massive cultural differences at play here which is a large part of the reason this is perplexing you.

• They'll play Hell getting anywhere near my guns and will catch a lot of hot lead first. Commie pigs will end up in the dirt if they try. Noli Me Tangiri, Molon Labe.

• We have the right, but it should be regulated more. Some places are beyond easy to get one and the black market for them is massive

But you negate your own argument, with saying 'it should be regulated more," but the criminals don't follow laws, anyway, so more regulations just means more 'sheep' for them to prey upon!!
      Seriously, there are THOUSANDS of laws, regulating guns, but the ones that ignore the laws, and buy them, illegally, bypassing the laws, make more laws a foolish, and stupid endeavor!
      How will more laws, more restrictions on the ones that follow the laws, going to change the behavior of the ones that ignore those laws?
      Seriously, think about it! Stop just going along with the main-stream mindlessness, and THINK ABOUT THE PROBLEM!!
      It is the CRIMINALS, the ONES THAT IGNORE LAWS, and CRAZY FCKS, that do mass-shootings!! How is restricting the rights of the law abiding ones going to change that?
      If you don't know what to do, to fix the REAL PROBLEM: mass shootings, don't just do something stupid, to make it seem like you are doing 'something' when it is totally hindering the solving of the problem

All I am saying is that you offer NOTHING NEW, no REAL SOLUTIONS, NO LIST, just this BS hypothetical ideal of how to do it, if someone wanted to.
      Don't just cap on me for calling you out with theoretical nonsense!! We need real SOLUTIONS, not just imaginary BS like you postulate.
      As far as repeating it, yeah, you said the same sht over and over, and NOTHING WILL CHANGE because of it!!
      Just calling me stupid, because you cannot understand the fantasy of your point, and how meaningless it is, doesn't further your assertion. It makes you look like a defensive fool.
      I TOTALLY understood, the first time, it's just that you want to keep perpetuating this fantasy ideal, with no practical solutions!! I think it is YOU, who isn't getting it.
      You started with 'to retain the right to bear arms or is it kind of a out dated policy from the wild west'. That RIGHT is not the problem, the criminals are, and you offer nothing, REAL, to solve that issue. Bye, Bye.

@SomeGuy37 I'm not in power. I can't make laws. Of course it's hypothetical, dipshit. What, you want me to call Obama or call god to tell them to help a brother out? Want me to actually make laws and implement plans I'm not legally qualified for? Ok! I honestly can't believe you're this stupid. Whether the necessary people want to or functionally can commit to it or not is independent of me, you or anyone. I clearly given examples of creating strategies to get rid of guns being circulated, proposals to get them off the streets and making sure that the people who shouldn't have them don't have legal access to them on top of the physical capabilities, which come from the latter 2 ideas. All while maintaining the rights for those who don't have the intention to harm people can have access to them still. The mere fact that you can't grasp that is mind boggling. Don't bother responding, jackass. Deuces ✌️🖕

• Its our right and actually the wild west, guns were often supposed to be kept by the sherrifs office or at home for hunting or protection, you were not allowed to carry outside for defense

• Considering the second amendment was written over a century before the Louisiana Purchase it has nothing to do with the wild west... Have you ever heard of the red coats?

• It's not regulated enough, we can't have wannabe vigilantes roaming the streets and shooting; the Wild West era is over.

• I actually think we should be able to get our hands on military guns.

• my feeling is this needs to be asked less.

• The diversity is one of the main reasons why there are so many shootings.

• I've always had a 22 caliber rifle but almost never use it but it's better to have than not have and if they were to take away that right what's to stop them from taking other rights away

• If they're not coming for guns then why did the Attorney General of Massachusetts feel it necessary to change the definition of "assault rifles" literally overnight while the state legislature was on break? There was no discussion. Her word is law. And do u think it will stop at only banning weapons deemed "assault weapons"? Overnight, one woman made thousands of people possible felons for simply owning a gun that was legal the day before. And her reasoning is weak at best. Call me a gun crazy conspiracy theorist if u wish, but this actually happened. The truth is out there. :D

• I feel safer being armed ,, muh gunzz

• The original intent of the 2nd amendment (the right to bare arms) was to allow the people to rise up and overthrow the government if it became totalitarian.

this unlikely scenario is fear mongered by right wing propagandists and the NRA to keep gun nuts paranoid and politically active.

It still has the purpose, the purpose is still is to overthrow the government if the citizens deem it necessary.

Oh, so can you explain how some people are above the law and can do anything? Or tell me there is no bills on the floor that would take away my rights?

@Thisperson98 please tell me the specific bill on the floor that will take away your rights? and adjust your tinfoil hat too.

• Wild west? It's been there since the founding fathers created the bill of rights. Right after freedom of speech. The reason we have the right to arm ourselves as civilians, is to protect ourselves against a tyrannical government. The government is supposed to serve the people, not rule it. Not to mention that us being an armed society has protected us from being invaded. Not only would you have to deal with our armed forces, but it's armed people as well. We might not need to use our right to arms now, but you never know. Why give up your right for free?

• I believe it's our right to own guns. The problem is, they're falling in to the hands of the wrong people. Which begs to say, how do we fix that? It's not an easy fix

Oh, and why anyone would need an assault rifle, is beyond me. Leave those for the army, not civilians

And what does that have to do with anything?

Just sayin'