8 GB Ram PC VS Playstation Which is better for gaming?

• 8 GB RAM PC
  • Playstation.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would choose the PC still. I'm not really a fan of game consoles (I'll play a game on the Xbox maybe twice every few months). However, I do play PC games, and it sucks that I don't have enough Ram to run my Sims 4 game. I can run it in 32 bit but not the 64 bit (I'd need at least 4 GB ram available). I also can't really play it because my cooling fan hardly works anymore, but that's a different issue... I would love to have a PC with 8 GB of ram.

Oh, and the reason for liking PC games better is because you get to customize them. For Sims 4 I can download hundreds or thousands of free mods, but you can't do that with any other platform.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't know enough about PCs to understand the importance of hardware specifications far beyond RAM, I'm thinking you'd enjoy a Playstation far better.

Installing new games will be much easier, and you don't have to worry about tweaking settings to make it run smoothly, etc. You'll have more limited options but everything will be easier to just pop in the game and start playing.

The other thing about Playstation is that it is typically quite less powerful hardware than even a mediocre gaming rig today. However, because it is a fixed platform, it's easier for developers to produce software that runs consistently well on it without dealing with different hardware and drivers. So while PCs are certainly far more powerful usually, the software/hardware bang per buck will typically be more on a console. Put another way, the software will tend to be more optimally programmed for consoles (not always, but often, especially if they're titles exclusive to the console).

If you go with a PC, you need to look into a great GPU above all (not onboard) and probably at least a quad-core system. 8 GB of DRAM actually isn't that much, but it doesn't affect speed unless you run out of physical memory and start hitting the hard drive with page faults. That would ruin gaming performance and bring you frame rates to a crawl, so RAM is only important to make sure you have enough to play the game without doing that.

Put another way, the software will tend to be more optimally programmed for consoles [...]

This is a very important point. With PCs, some titles may require a bit of troubleshooting to even get them to run at all, or well if they're running poorly. That can involve a lot of fiddling with settings as well as driver updates and so forth as well as downloading patches and installing them manually.

With a Playstation game, you can practically be guaranteed that it will run as well for you as it does for everyone else, since the developers would have developed it and tested it against the exact same hardware combination.

Your life will be easier running games in general on a console and knowing they run as well for you as everyone else, and that's a big advantage especially if you aren't so into PC gaming.

What Girls Said 3

• PC master race, my friend, PC master race.

• Not enough info to go on. The fact that it has 8GB RAM doesn't make it good for gaming. What's the CPU and GPU?

• PC cuz it's cheaper buying games online than buying games for consoles lol also mods.

What Guys Said 30

• I think Playstation is better for gaming because there is a lot of content / games in it that no other console has, it has double the amount of exclusives. Moreover if you have a PlayStation Plus membership you get 2-3 games free each month and most of the games that have been published so far on PS-Plus have been top notch.

If you don't mind the exclusives, if it doesn't brother you that you've to dish out extra money for monitors / controller to get the full good experience, I say then you should stick with the PC.

I game on consoles because that device is exclusively made to be played games on and there are many titles that can only be enjoyed on a console than a PC.

I own PS3, PS4, XBOX One, WiiU, PSP Vita, 3DS and I am telling that what the PlayStation brand is offering you is more than enough for your gaming fixes.

The choice is of course yours.

• a lot more to it than RAM buddy.

If your looking for quick and instant gratification, go with the PS or other console unit.

Gaming/Performance based PCs can get costly and sometimes very frustrating if your not very familiar with their many potential quirks.
    That being said, I only game on a PC. My sons have the XBOX1 and the PS4, there is also a Wii in the house. They mostly collect dust though as they asked for gaming rigs built for them and rarely use the others.

Cheers

• If the PC has a nVidia GeForce GTX 970 or 980 then I'd go for the PC. Otherwise if it's too expensive for you then get the PS4.

You get way more gaming options on a computer compared to ANY console on the market, and more customizations.

But it all comes down to what your goals are, what your budget is, etc.

by the way, are you going for a gaming laptop or a gaming desktop PC?

• PC since consoles suck. They are already obsolete a year after release, forget 5-7 years when the next one is released. At least with PC you can upgrade the video card and buy more ram/faster CPU if it ever gets to be slow (ie every 2-3 years) rather than having to buy a new console and settle for the watered-down version of the PC port. Also many PC games either have no console version or are limited with missing features (ie no seasons in Diablo III for consoles, too many hackers editing their save files). Sure that also applies for consoles but I know of no console-only game I want to play bad enough to fork over $360 just to play it (I don't even pay $60, I just wait for <$30 sales sooner or later on Steam which keeps me busy enough).

• I would like to say PC, because consoles are a plague upon the world. But ram doesn't determine the pc whatsoever.
    You can have 128gb of ram on it and it'll still be shit. Ram runs at different speeds, you didn't mention the EXACT CPU, or any video card (s). Assuming the rest is all up to par.

• In this case PS4!! RAM is actually not that important in PC gaming application. It's the GPU and CPU that counts the most since its these two responsible for rendering the graphics and how good the framerates are gonna be. Even if a PC has a 8GB RAM (which is the standard nowadays), it would still do shit if it has crappy GPU

• Probably still PC. Mods and more overall freedom of customization is a beautiful thing.

• 8bg RAM and a Intel core i7 is not gonna do anything if you don't have great graphics card...

So invest in a good graphics card first... Either ways ps4 is great too... But with a PC your can upgrade it however your want... And it's shock a matter of playing with a mouse or a controller...

Also your can enjoy the mods for games like GTA 5 which you can't do with ps4

• Consoles are optimized for the hardware they use. The same specs for pc is NOT equivalent to the same on a console.

Pc will have more of a ceiling you can reach when it comes to graphics and performance, obviously you can upgrade as much as your wallet allows

But console is just steady eddy man. One console gets u through 100's of games without needed to Upgrade anything

• I like PC better but that's just me, more variety and I like playing MMO's something you can';t really do on Sony PS.

• Playstation, definitely.

• Ram isn't everything. Graphics card , cpu, n many other things count. If you're newb go for Ps4.
    If you want to have fun playing game not worry about other things, go for ps, i personally would go for ps, i know pc is better but it is not what i prefer if i just want to game.

• The cpu and gpu is what is important in the pc, 8gb ram alone won't run any games

3.20 Ghz 4 gb graphics card?

You need the name of both. the clock speed and video memory doesn't say much about its speed

• Depends on what kinda games you are into, And how much money and patience you are willing to put into a gaming pc.

• PC master race bro!

• 8gb ram doesn't tell shit about the performance. Just saying.

• if you want to play all the latest games + exclusives of ps4 then i'd say ps4. otherwise pc

• what kind of graphics ca? rd does the pc have

• 8gb ram is the minimum req. for most modern games nowadays but if were to compare GPU computer has the best graphics processing power but they dont seem much of a difference at all when u play it.

• i have heard pc's better but with pc you can't play exclusive games. also playing in tv is very good experiance.

• RAM matters but the CPU and GPU are priority, with PC gaming it depends on the CPU and GPU more than ram. (gpu aka graphics card)

• A console is a little PC with many subtractions from there on.

#PCMASTERRACE

• PC, you can do more with it.

• PC with no doubt.

• PC if your GPU and CPU are also up to snuff or you can spend the money to get better ones.

• Consoles > PC

• PC is life long companion
    PS can`t stand for 3 years long

• Easy one. pC by a killion miles, hooked up to a tv for audiovisual output of course.

• Which one has a better processor, better graphics card, etc?

8gb of RAM isn't really special anymore. 16 at least. I'm running 32 in my system.

@Yumix I do high resolution digital art.

Yes like I said. That's nothing what the normal users do.

• i would get the ps4