Do you trust Law Enforcement in your area?

Wherever you are from do you trust your local police sheriffs or other law enforcement?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I use to, but that has slowly slipped away from me. I wish I could say I do. But that is a no go. I spent 1 hour in a police station waiting to get a report on the car accident I was involved in (among other criminals who were out on parole). It made me feel disgusted, never again. What happened to serving and protecting the citizens and blah blah blah.. *does rude finger gesture*

Most Helpful Guy

• Thanks for A2A!
    Local Police Department or Indian Police Service?
    Not quite.
    www.dailymoss.com/.../policeofficers.jpg
    They are lazy obese people. Most of them are in unhealthy condition. How are they supposed to protect us? Plus, they are corrupted. They take bribe. It's certain that thiefs bribe them on usual basis. They are egoistic too but in front of Advocates/Judges or other officers, they are filthy pussy.

Central Bureau of Investigation is also under heavy influence of the government. They're government's slaves. Unfortunately.

But, Central Reserve Police Force is very good. They're disciplined. They do their job very well. I fully trust them. They are kind and cooperative too.

Border Security Force & Central Industrial Security Force are outstanding. They have no time for shit. They complete their in minutes and make our country a better place to live in. They are not corrupted and sacrifice themselves too. Love 'em.

What Girls Said 25

• When I lived in Muskoka I was straight up friends with cops. Where I live now I'm a touch more wary but they've yet to give me a reason not to trust them.

• Yes.

They're nice, females are extra strict/business like. Male officers make jokes and are friendly.

^^ 3 females I've run into/talked with. 7 or 8 male officers

• Of course I do, I'm a pretty White girl.

I've known some young girls that have gotten away with drunk driving probably because they're girls. I thought -__- ...

• I honestly don't they are people too!

• I'm a little wary but I try to trust that they genuinely want to help me.

• Yeah. My brother had a really irrational fear of crime (that it's is a log story), and the cops in our town made an effort to get to know him and walk him around the station and show him the holding cells and the booking station, and let him see everyone doing their jobs. He's a lot better now, thanks to them

• Yeah, I do, the Aussie police aren't awesome, but they do the job I guess. I've never had a problem with them though so I can't really say.

• Hell no lol

• no i don't

• I think so? ://

• Well... I'm a white, middle class chick in Canada so... I'm good.

• I really don't like the police officers in my area. I've heard stories that they're assholes and I agree, they're a bit unreasonable.

• Yes.

• To a point yeah.

• No not at all. I live in a fucked up place so I don't expect cops to find a solution. I always find a solution by myself

• I have no feelings re that

• Absolutely.

• I don't trust anybody.

• I used to. Now, not so much.

• I don't trust some of my co-workers.

• Meh.. Not really. A lot of the people that work in law enforcement here are jerks.

• I'd have to encounter one to know. Haven't yet, hopefully I won't.

• The police people protect me from crazy killers

• At least most of them. There might be some bad apples.

• I see all these videos online that people like to post of this or that officer playing with the kids and doing something with this or that community, and I wish more officers were like that, where you could see that they were only human, but the ones I see and interact with feel that the badge gives them limitless powers and never try to show any sort of compassion. I had to deal with a case where someone I worked with was assaulted and they were THE most unfeeling and uncaring people even as she was lying there bleeding in front of them.

I get that they work under a justifiable amount of stress that this day on earth may be their last, but rather than try to connect with those around them so they could help them out to do a better job in communities, it's like there has to be this stupid war between civilians and cops all the time. It can never be, let's BOTH work together to get crime out of the neighborhoods. There is no trust there because to trust someone is to feel like you feel safe around them and that they are looking out for you, but I don't get that vibe at all, and a lot of people where I live, would feel that they are over there and we are over here.

What Guys Said 15

• TOTALLY!! I KNOW most of them, on a first name basis, and have done some ride-alongs, recently! City Police. Want to get to know some Sheriff's and maybe try a little shooting at their closed range!!

• My local PD yes, very much. The police Chief is very aggressive in interacting with the community and listening to their concerns. The next city over? fuck no, that PD dept. is a bunch of fucking assholes. CHP (state police) are ok, they can come off as curt with but pretty damn professional.

• I was looking up knife laws, saw someone showed a cop his firearms license instead of his regular. He had a hunting knife or something on him, the cop seized it and when the guy realized there is no limit on knife length, he called the local station. Apparently the guy is well known for stealing shit. Also heard a lot of bad stories here. Back in highschool when they broke up parties they just made fun of the drunks calling them pigs, they were pretty good.

• Yeah. I don't do illegal shit, so I have nothing to worry.

• I generally trust them. I think some of them tend to direct bad moods or frustration towards some of us which I don't agree with. They aren't perfect.

• I was profiled by the cops around here more than once, so I don't fully trust the cops in my area.

I'm a black man living in southern California

• I used to. I'm not quite sure I do anymore. Not that it stems from what has been happening around the country, but the fact that we already had some issues going on for the last several years (almost a decade, or maybe even more than a decade).

• Trust them with what?

Serving and protecting the public

My sheriff is pretty good about processing concealed weapon permits for veterans as quickly as possible. So I trust him/his department with that.

Other than that, I don't particularly trust *ANY* cop that I don't know personally regarding 'serving and protecting' the public. They are there to serve and protect the State's finances, and the political slugs that give them more laws to enforce as well as exempt them from said laws.

Even among those that I do know personally, many of them are just bullboys for the. gov. Though I know a few that try to actually do what most would consider to be the "right thing".

• Yes. I have only had a few dealings with them but they've always been absolutely fine.

• Yup 100%.

• I know several of them and the ex-chief of police; '
    They are in the same masonic lodge as my dad

• Yes I do.

• I thankfully live in a pretty civilised country, so yes.

• yeahsss

• Not only no but HELL NO!