Do you lose credibility not having your picture as an avitar?

In this current age of the catfish, do you take someone opinion more serious or in higher regard if they have an actual picture of themselves as their profile picture on here.

Most Helpful Girl

• A good opinion is a good opinion.
    I couldn't careless about what the person looks like that gives it to me.

What Girls Said 8

• Unfortunately some from options and comments I've read some people do because they feel as if "they know them more" or can "trust them" when in reality we're over the internet talking to complete strangers and the pics that we post can easily be of someone else.

But for me it doesn't matter if someone has helpful advice I'm going to take it regardless of the picture that's posted, the sex, or age and I wish people would do the same.

• How would you know if it's them or not? When you don't use a photo of yourself it's quite clear you aren't trying to be someone you're not, visually. It's obvious I'm not the T1000. If I put a photo of a girl up it could be anyone.

• I don't worry about catfishes. Never had to :p

• i personally don't care

• I don't care, I judge the person on what they say and the way they say it.

• Yes like I can see that if they like put their pic it's like they're like speaking to me in a different way

• If they have something good to say it shouldn't matter.

• people don't take me seriously no matter what because I'm 15. :/ kinda sucks

You haven't had a lot of real world expierences. Enjoy being 1t, your teenage years go by too quick.

@chlodawg i have sewn your opinions and i take them serious. Intelligence is not bound by age.

@anonman32 thank you

What Guys Said 10

• Are you serious? I am a volunteer mod on a dating site. One of the biggest things we delete are fake pictures. So many people use actors and actresses from all over the world as their profile image. I doubt half of the images on this site that are actual pictures of people are of the person behind the profile.

So how is having a picture of a person as your avatar going to give credibility?

Do you use reverse image search? I came across a few people I think are completely fake.

• Meh. Both have their merits. Avatars indicate someone's personality and what they're interested in, whereas a photo conveys how good-looking, photogenic and confident someone is. I'm as guilty as any other on here for checking out people's photos.

What is clear is that someone using an avatar is very underconfident with their appearance, to the point where they would rather use a mask than show their face. Either that or if it's a girl, she doesn't want to be objectified by the horny luckless men that lurk here (I count myself among them).

• No. I don't blame anyone that doesn't have their pic on here, especially the people who say things that go against lamestream thought/opinion.

• It's nice to put a face to the regular names you see, but it's not totally necessary.

• No because anyone can just steal a picture off the internet anyways and say it is theirs.
    Some people are more honest if they can give an opinion anonymously.

• I don't care. As long as Google finds my profile pic from gag, i won't put it up here.

• My picture shows how cultured I am, and my aptitude when it comes to Google Images.

• I think you gain it, or to me you do

For, you get to regard the person for them

• We are all visual people so I do think the picture plays a role

• That's why I have the image I have as my avatar.