Why do so many people think not eating McDonald's is weird?

Lots of people I've met seem to think eating fast food like McDonald's is fine, and not eating it is weird. It's unhealthy, nasty garbage that's actually quite inedible. It's never good to eat fast-food.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have anything against fast food... I'm a vegetarian so that takes most of those places off the table. I do like the very occasional potato taco and split a nacho and cheese with my husband who also gets one potato taco. I think most things are okay in moderation... I don't think there is anything wrong with not eating the stuff but I don't think it's the type of thing one needs to get on a high horse about.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know but from where I'm at nobody is so hyped up and always talking about going to Mickey D's to eat frequently.

it could be just your friends, co-workers and family that go there frequently to eat and are accustomed to it and they expect and thought that "everybody" would be just like them and would always go there to eat.

I had stopped eating at big chain fast food restaurants long time ago, although I think that I wouldn't mind going to a "White Castle" just to try their sliders after seeing Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle.

What Girls Said 16

• I wouldn't describe it as weird but more so as uncommon.
    It seems that most Americans eat fast food because it's readily available.

• I gave up McDonald's as part of my New Years Resolution this year, and mostly I've gotten nothing but support about it, like good for you for not eating that crap. Maybe you just have weird friends or they maybe feel like you're passing judgement on them for not eating where they love to eat.

• You must hang around with a strange crowd. Most people I know only eat that shit like 2-3 times a year.

• I totally agree. I once told someone during high school that I have eaten McDonald's very, very few times in my life and they were surprised.

• I don't think they mean weird... I think they mean that it is just not common. Most people eat it at least once in a while, despite how horrible it is for you.

• Bro, it's with many other things.
    Whenever those people meet people who doesn't do the things that they do, they automatically think , 'weird.'
    Ignore them : p

• I haven't eaten there since I was a kid. I don't find it weird if someone doesn't chose to eat something, that's their choice. Fast food has always made me sick, so I don't eat it.

• i love chicken nuggets but mc donalds is the last resort for nuggets as i can get healthier ones elsewhere

• I boycott Macdonald and all other fast food. So I can totally understand you. The food is not good it's unhealthy. And in my country (Switzerland) it's super expensive.

• Some fast foods are nasty

• I don't think it's weird. I like to eat healthy

• McDonalds is the third world country of fast food

• Yeah, I don't know why, but I don't care. I don't eat at McDonalds for the same reasons.

• I agree! I strongly dislike McDonalds. Most of whats on the menu taste gross to me now.

• Because their like from like america and so are like you?

• it is weird IF you eat there. bypass surgery guaranteed. lol.

What Guys Said 10

• I don't understand why people it McDonald's food. Leaving the health aspect aside, the food at McDonald's tastes literally like shit. The french fries are so soggy and tasteless. Back in the days when I still ate this stuff, it gave me diarrhea every single time. If you eat something and it gives you diarrhea every single time, it can't be good.

I especially don't get this obsession with McDonald's because there are loads of small, independent burger restaurants that serve awesome, high-quality fries and burgers. In my town there's a burger restaurant where you pay about 20 bucks for a burger (plus about 5 bucks for the fries) and what you get is top-notch quality and they also have cool choices, such as a Japanese-style burger.

• I don't think they assume it's weird because of specifically not eating the food, but more because of eating at McD is more like a social thing - you go there not to feed yourself but to talk to people, most of the time. Refusing to do that is to many almost the same as refusing to go to a bar to socialize.

Not that I agree with this notion - it's just an observation on my part.

• 0|0
  • It's not weird I don't like McDonald really either, I mean I like to eat a shake or something from there now and then but that's about it.

• You wouldn't happen to be in the South or Mid-West would you? It's not weird at all, plenty of people around here avoid McDonalds. People with kids same to frequent the place though.

• People call everything weird, if they don't normally do it.

• I find it more weird that people would think it's weird in the first place. You must be hanging around the wrong people or somethin'.

• Nope, not me, I don't eat McD's since it's crap food.

• because it's awsome?

• they actually had some decent burgers for a while. that wasn't made of grade f beef. they got rid of them though, unfortunately. i like their egg mcmuffins, they're really good