Stranded in the Canadian Wilderness , how long can you survive alone?

Having nearly been stranded a good 100km from the nearest town a few days ago, it got me thinking how well would someone survive if they're suddenly caught hundreds of kilometres from civilisation. How well do you think you'd make it out in the wild , with nothing but your wits to survive?
Quiz here.

• Eaten by cougars faster you can say "Fucking , eh?"
  • For a few weeks
  • For a few months
  • Forever , I'm born wild

Most Helpful Girl

• You Will Survive One Week

Uh oh, better hope you don’t find yourself off the grid in the middle of the wilderness! Based upon your answers, it looks like you’ll be more likely to end up washing away in a flash flood or being eaten by a bear than making it! We suggest you immediately start Googling survival tips and tricks to get a bit more acclimated with basic wilderness survival.

Figures :(

Most Helpful Guy

• You Will Thrive!
    If you were lost in the wild, you would not only survive, you would THRIVE! Your survival knowledge, instincts, and abilities not only prepare you for challenges, they arm you with the ability to make the best of every resource in your surroundings. You can take the vast wilderness and shape it into whatever your heart desires. Food? Water? Shelter? That’s child’s play for you. You’re probably already thinking about how you’ll design your cabin when you’re out there. You probably consider it a welcome vacation from the day-to-day grind. Kudos to you. You are the master of the wild. Now, share this quiz with your friends and family, and let’s see how many people you’ll need to teach these skills to!

Lol in reality I would struggle in the wild at first but after I got acclimated I'd do alright, as I've been hunting and wishing for a long time and I make a habit/hobby out of studying the US Army Ranger survival guide among others.

So I know how how to test plants to make sure they are ok to eat I know what to do if they aren't, I know that the best food source when your weak is insects easy to catch, disgusting tasting but good protein source. I know how to hunt, make shelter, fight agaisnt other humans if I need to, make traps for both animals and humans, and I know were to get the best clean water, and how to make water clean aka purify it or catch rain water and I know how to dry/smoke meat to make it last longer.

So I think I'd do ok in the wild I could at least survive in it, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd be scared shitless but I'd survive as long as I had my K-Bar survival knife with that I could make a lot of the things I'd need to live out there.

What Girls Said 9

• 1|1
  • I personally think I would last longer in the wild than what that test thinks I just didn't get my training for girls scouts I know how to hunt and make traps I know how to catch fish with my hands how to start a fire where to make camp and how to Get away from wild animals like mountain lions wolfs cotten mouth and bears I know how to make water safe to drink and how to make a weapon from what is around me so ya I think I would last longer than a month

• A bit surprised with the result:

You Will Survive 9-12 Months

Well look at you! You are certainly strong, capable, and skilled enough to hold your own for a while. You have the basic survival knowledge, acumen, and skills to be quite a force on the open frontier. With that said, you could still brush up on your wilderness readiness because very often you’ll be lost for much longer than you expect. So study up!

• You Will Survive One Week
    I'm not surprised.

• Forever, I'm born wild.
    Well I'm Native American, it's in my blood to survive these specific climates.

• Like 10 years or more.

• More than 6 months.

• I'm born wild😜
    So yea I can survive forever

• I would thrive. I like know everything about survival and stuff

What Guys Said 10

• Do I know what direction I have to walk? If I do, I think I could do around 15-20km a day (rough terrain, lack of food etc.), which means it'd take me around 5-7 days to get back to civilization. I think that's tough but doable.

• You Will Survive 1 Month
    Well, it could be worse. At least you can optimistically hope someone will find you within a month of your being lost…but you shouldn’t count on it. We suggest you immediately start Googling survival tips and tricks to get a bit more acclimated with basic wilderness survival, because though you aren’t projected to last long, you are not hopeless! You can make it! Until then, Share this quiz with your friends and let’s see how long they’ll make it!

eh I guess it could be higher without stupid questions like tv shows and such lol

• These were my quiz results.

You Will Thrive!

• I dunno but I'll just google "how 2 surviv in da wild" lol peace of cake.

• Lol, I got? "You Will Thrive!"

Which could be near truth if I got lost in our woods, where I can recognize whats good and whats not so good. In Canada I'd probably live for 5 minutes.

• 100k Is far but its possible to walk out of the wilderness in a week. Your stuck if its winter.

• everyone is touched by katy : ROAR

• City kid. Just curl up in a ball and hope the cold gets me before the wolves do.

• Forever , I'm born wild

• I grew up and work in the canadain wilderness and I know a few things that I'm sure would help like fallow pipe line right aways they will eventually lead to a plant or a well or a road