Where do you like to swim?

Im a beach person. Love the waves and sounds of the shore. Give me a boogie board or a net at low tide and I'll spend the whole day having fun in the sun.

• Beach
  • Pool
  • Lake
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the beach. Enjoy the waves and the sound the ocean makes, especially when the seas are calm, but I've had some close calls while swimming in the ocean, which has caused me to be more hesitant now about swimming in deep waters. I prefer then to now swim in a pool and leave the ocean for when I'm firmly on a boat. I'm not just talking about sharks either. I use to do a lot of free-diving, therefore I've run across other creatures that just got a little too close for comfort.

Instay close to the shore and only ho where I can see the bottom. Too scary for me not knowing whats underneath in the deep.

So cool! Thanks for sharing...

You are most welcome. Any time! :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• I love to swim in the sea but I also love lakes and rivers. Switzerland is a landlocked country, so we don't have any sea. However, we do have lots of beautiful lakes and rivers. What I like about them is that the waves aren't as high as in the sea (that's good if you like to really swim, not just "bath") and you don't have salt water burning in your eyes. Rivers are especially cool because you don't need to work hard, you can just let yourself be carried away by the water :-). For example we have a river called Aare that goes right through the middle of the old town of our capital Bern. It's very pretty. In the summer you can take one of those big rubber rings (or a rubber boat) and let yourself be carried down the river, past all those pretty medieval buildings. It's something you probably can't do in most other countries because the water quality in Swiss lakes and rivers is extremely high. Especially in the big rivers, it's basically drinking water quality.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6f288abb83.jpg

This is the river Aare in Bern (in the background you can see the federal palace, where the federal assembly (parliament) and the federal council (~president) are housed).
    bernundumgebung.files.wordpress.com/.../...web.jpg

• Pool and lake, loved swimming in the lake when I was younger, never swam at a beach to know. Not yet anyway. ;D

• love them all. for real swimming i prefer a lake or pool but overall i love going to the beach most

Love the beach too! Pool I could hang out at if I wasn't close to the ocean.

• Gosh I love to swim everywhere but since i live surrounded by ocean beaches in all directions, I choose them. One of my favorite ovean beaches is just down the road from a kettle pond so after a day at the ocean we go there for a swim to clean off the salt. It's the best of both worlds.

Almost forgot, since we have a lot of great white sharks around here, we have to be careful where we swim in the ocean.
      thumb101.shutterstock.com/.../...b-s-206541067.jpg

Yeah plus the news always has field days with it to keep us informed AND create more drama. Headlines like "three beaches closed today as 6 great whites feast on whale carcass"

Lol... Eeekkkkk! Gotta love the reporters!

• I prefer rivers and lakes.

• Pool. More convenient. We have a private community pool and it pretty much all I been doing this summer.

• I prefer the pool; I am not the one for adventure to relish the prospect of swimming in natural water bodies.. I have tried at lake, river, sea (beach) and yes, pool is where I felt safest and could enjoy the most.

However, the pool should be clean and well maintained.

• The beach with big enough waves to body surf. A smaller lake that's pretty much calm is okay too.

• pool is good for me to swim

• I love the ocean if the waves are huge! If not that then not really anywhere :(

• Bathtub, I can't swim for shitttttttt

• the only problem is that I live around 700 km from the nearest beach so a pool needs to suffice

• Beach. I rarely use the hotel pool.

• Swim in my pee.
    (Oh never mind, I am just a random troll.)

What Girls Said 11

• I haven't swam since I was 12. I really should get back into it.

• The idea of sharks being in the ocean with me scares me enough that I'm not sure if I would be comfortable to swim in the ocean, Lakes are just disgusting, Pools are also gross but I would prefer it over a lake any day, I like the saltwater pools best.

• The beach and the pool are the best for me.

• I prefer the ocean. To swim on a beach would get too much sand in my mouth, hair clothes.

• In the sea for sure :)

• Anywhere really (as long as there's no leeches there). I swim in the river, lake and pond the most though, considering I live pretty far from the beach.

• The beach.

• I can barely swim

• Beach.

• I love the beach but a pool is the best just for swimming

• Beach and lake.