So what do you think about the lie the Americans swimmers told about being robbed here in Brazil lol?

3mo they admitted that it was a lie hahahha because of the girlfriend of one of them

Most Helpful Guy

• They should be stripped of their medals and never be allowed to compete on the Olympic level again , if in fact it is proven that they lied

they said their money was robbed but not Their phones like what? lol and they all told different stories

@FallOutBoy2001 I didn't start it and everyone can translate it and if it was a secret we would pm each other

@FallOutBoy2001 well your welcome to think so. The Olympic committee may think otherwise

Most Helpful Girl

• Typical Americans.
    Maybe Barry in the white house sent them. He is real good at wrecking relations with other countries.

What Guys Said 21

• It's looking like they might have filed a false police report or at the very least lied to Rio Police. Seems the police have charged with filing a false report and have passed it the local DA. How is the Rio DA going to prove they didn't get robbed between the gas station and the Olympic village? They'll have to get the two swimmers left in Rio to confess.

Why do i get the feeling that Brazil is going to come out looking bad here.

they already confessed

You're right the swimmers that didn't get out did confess. It could be argued they said whatever to be able to leave the country.

I get the feeling Brazil will go overboard trying to prosecute Locate and the other swimmers they're gonna' come out looking really bad. I seriously doubt Lochte is getting extradited for this. Brazil is better off making them pay for damages, pay a hefty fine and maybe give them a lifetime ban from the Country.

brazil won't do anything we are pretty chill we just will spread the truth

• I think you are presupposing the answer to that question when you insert "lie" in it. It very well could have happened.
    Brazil is a crime ridden hell hole, and there have been enough other brazen robberies in broad daylight during the Olympics that I don't doubt this COULD have happened.

so why they have their cell phone and passport and documents?

@wolfie12 they weren't robbed it is already proved

Oh ok then, just saying that gps is not the problem.

• They should be arrested and stripped of their medals,
    I DO NOT WANT THESE FUCKERS REPRESENTING ME.
    A few years in a south American prison should teach them

• Embarrassing for the country and their families. Sounds like another case of air-head athletes.

• Ryan Locke was this desperate for attention at the Olympics? 😅

• Lmao the shit that goes down in the Olympic center wouldn't surprise me. Its like a college campus I guess oh plus the millions of free condoms! Lmao best time to hookup with foreigners 😂

it didn't happen there

@FallOutBoy2001 lmao when you spend hours upon hours with someone of the opposite sex shit happens.

Plus athletes like them they think they can do anything. Look it how he was an alcoholic after he won before. Look at other pro athletes. You just know they got some chick in every away town lol.

He was probably an alcoholic before, just saying

• I read today that the swimmers trashed a gas station bathroom and the security pulled out a gun on them because they didn't want to pay for the damages. I Don't know how true this is but there is an investigation rn.

there are videos so yeah they are lying

I think 2 swimmers were taken in for questioning, so the truth will come out. If you say there are videos well...

they all admitted it was a lie but the deserve to be punished, 2 crimes in 2 days

• Well if it did not happen that is good. That said as far as I know it has not been proven either way and police has confiscated the swimmers passports and detained them in the country to be questioned.

Personally I am inclined to believe them for now and suspect the Brazilian government to try a coverup since the victims are high profile athletes.

• If its proven that they wasted police time, then they deserve to get time. With all the shit that is going on in Brazil right now, the last thing the police need is people taking up their valuable time.

But innocent until proven guilty. So I will wait to see if they are charged.

they already said it was a lie the officials are already deciding, the law say both of them can get 6 months in prison

can't you read? lol

I am going to assume you are a troll now. Bye

• well, lying is of course always shit

• How do you know they're lying?

• I didn't hear about the girlfriend part... what was the girlfriend role in the story?

he was supposed to go see her

Interesting... I'm glad the authorities got to the bottom of it... he was/is acting like a spoiled brat.

Lochte is a fool

• 😶 I don't know anything about olympics but you give me update so you must be right 👉

• first i heard of it, its sad though. Was it all of them?

• If they did lie the crime rate is still high in Brazil and lots of people do get robbed

• What a pair of loosers.

• they should be sent back home and any medals they may have won taken away from them.

• i think he's a fucking idiot..

• Their hooker stole their money, I promise you.

• Americans always lie. They even lie to their own people

Everyone lies my friend, including you. In fact human beings lie about 100 times a day, many of them little white lies. Besides, let's not pretend there is no corruption or crime in Brazil, Hello... who is in the process of being impeached? Nothing official has come out as to whether the story is true or not on Lochte and his crew yet other than accusations from both sides, are flying back and forth. If he did lie, he did, but American's are no more or less liars than any place else in the world.

@BeeNee no one said people don't lie you are the one arguing about something not said so

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• They're an embarrassment to the country and fucking ridiculous. They go to another country as a representative and a guest, destroy private property, then make a big scandal. That's something I'd expect out of teenagers. I hope they get some kind of punishment for it and not a slap on the wrist. They think they're above the law and everyone else. They deserve to get knocked down a peg.

• I'm honestly ashamed of him, if he truly did make a bold-faced lie. He's supposed to representing our country, not making a bad name for us. At least Phelps has his shit together

• I definitely agree that it seems and sounds sketchy. But I'll wait til the police conclude all of rhe interviews, etc, before I ASSume that anyone is lying.

I just can't come up with what their motive would be for making up this story to befind with.

So... I'll just wait before I jump to conclusions.

they want to make it seems like Brazil is horrible

Look... if they made all of this up, then they deserve whatever personal embarrassment and legal penalties they get.

But to say something like you just did, generalizing all Americans, is a bigoted and unfair statement.

Aside from that, I defer to my initial comment. ✌

they just admitted

• Lmfaoo Ryan Lochte is the biggest idiot in the world 😂

• I think they are stupid to do something so crazy. They can kiss any endorsements goodbye.

• I'm really ashamed of them. They ruined their careers. It was a highly stupid move. They are not going to be getting any $ when they come home either.

• I still don't understand why they did that. They should tell the truth.
    Don't get me wrong, I know you're Brazilian, but I think they made this story up because they heard that Brazil is a country where it's easy to be robbed.
    It was a stupid thing to do.

I know, only Americans to do that

LOOOOOL

Gostei dessa!

@FallOutBoy2001 nao honey, viu traduzir nao funciona

• You have got to be kidding me.
    Haven't these idiots learned from childhood that lying is going to cause bigger shit to happen?

• For some reason Americans think themselves and their country is a lot better than other countries. Especially South America and Mexico. I think it's immature and ridiculous that the athletes did this, but I'm not actually surprised tbh. SMH

• idiot

• Sounds like sleazy publicity hunting, frankly. The Olympics is BigBussiness, you have to expect this.

They are attempting to use Brazil's reputation for crime to leverage some kind of maneuver?

• Was it proven that they lied?
    I really think they should be made an example that lying is bad.

If different versions of the story and they have their cellphones, were happy and drunk when they got to the Olympic city are considered proves

• I had no idea that all the swimmers from america came to brazil. By the way its American swimmers not American swimmers

RIP English grammar and spelling

who cares? lol

They speak English in England, and they are not American. Apparently, you are not learning anything at all, or your country's education system has failed you.

of course it has lol I don't go to public school

• There's nothing confirmed yet, and honestly I don't think they'd lie with something so serious, they don't have the necessity to lie, plus a lot of shit is going on there, a lot of people are being assaulted and even killed,

no one got killed haha

Yeah but people being murdered is very rare, and you don't get assaulted much either, my country has one of the lowest crime rates in Europe

I was never robbed here