Should weed be legal?

3mo Should weed be legal, and why/why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so. It's less dangerous and addictive than alcohol. And if it were legal it could be regulated so that people who smoke weed (or make it into hash brownies or whatever :) ) would be safer. Also there are a tonne of uses for hemp other than for use as a recreational drug that aren't being used because of it's illegality; eg. in moderation it can help relieve symptoms of a lot of illnesses (physical and mental), and it's excellent for making very environmentally friendly paper (because of how fast it grows and how durable it is )

I think every drug should be decriminalized (ie. some things would be illegal to sell but not possess), because then addiction could really be tackled as a social issue; it's a health problem, not a criminal one. And addicts could get the help they need far more easily if they didn't have to fear being imprisoned (they generally aren't dangerous people, just people having a really bad time in their lives)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes but just like with alcohol you shouldn't be allowed to drive or operate other heavy machinery.

It should be legal because you can tax it, introduce a quality standard, and grow it locally. Imagine how many jobs this will open up.

What Girls Said 11

• I think it should be legalized. Many people use it to help with pain or to relax at the end of a stressful day. Pain medications and anxiety medications often have terrible side effects. From what I have learned weed doesn't have terrible side effects. For some people maybe it does. But I would think it's not half as bad as some of the prescription pills that are out there.

• Omg yes please make it legal please please please

• Yes!

• For medicinal purposes, yes. Recreational? I'm not so sure.

• Its legal in Colorado and Washington. They make a killing off taxing it

• Yeah

• It's legal where I live!!!

• It's legal where I live and I love it!!!

• No, it shouldn't be legal.

• Heck no, it's bad for you

What Guys Said 13

• It seems odd that weed is illegal and yet its ok to go and get blind drunk. Seems a double standard. I think it should be one way or another.
    I guess money buys a lot of influence and the alcohol industry is pretty big.

• No, never.

• Eh, I say no. The legal definition of a crime is an act that is harmful to society.

Obviously I'm sure we can all think of a few reasons why drugs and drug culture can have more negative impacts on society than positive ones.

• I say legal should be weed

• only for medical purpose

• Regulate it and tax it.
    So much potential revenue can be extracted people have no idea.

• As a member of the Republican party, I believe it should not be legalized.

• Indeed.

• Yes. Tax revenue, create jobs, safer than alcohol, etc

• Hell, no!👎

• Yes!

• yes and probably will in california in November.

• May as well be