Im a new driver?

I just started driving 3 days ago. I have my own car and I do drive but I get nervous and scared. I make stupid, quick decisions and afterwards I always, cringe because I know that those could have costed my life or someone else's. I have trouble with focusing on my driving while trying to figure out where I need to go. I have google maps but it's still hard, especially driving at night. Drivers, what would you recommend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep this in mind

Drive in the day time for now
    Drive around areas that have low traffic
    Stay out of rain or snow
    Keep doing it, eventually you'll know when you're ready, you might ask how would you know

Any racer or legit driver knows you feel your car. You'll know when driving becomes second nature. Reflexes are formed, awareness and the feel for a physical motor exerting an immense amount of power are full developed. You see 360 degrees and doesn't requiring thinking much anymore. Good luck but druve safe

Most Helpful Girl

• Practice makes perfect.

But I'm just learning how to drive as well so maybe my advice isn't the best...

What Guys Said 3

• Get most of your experience in familiar areas during the day first, it takes a long time to really feel confident driving but you'll get there, it just takes time

• I was the exact same way, my anxiety was at an all time high. My first day driving on my own I almost caused an accident that scared me to death. I for weeks never wanted to drive again. Eventually I got used to particular areas extremely well. That boosted my confidence to travel outside my comfort zone. Now I'm a very confident driver. Just try to focus on yourself rather than the other drivers that are in a hurry.

• Let's go for a long drive 😏

What Girls Said 0