Who raised you?

promoting previous question: Would you rather stay where you are or move to another city?
http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/q2084602-would-you-rather-stay-where-you-are-or-move-to-another-city

• both parents
    74% (76)78% (32)75% (108)Vote
  • single parent
    24% (25)17% (7)22% (32)Vote
  • grandparents
    2% (2)2% (1)2% (3)Vote
  • foster parent
    0% (0)3% (1)1% (1)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
56|16

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 55

• Grandparents, from age 6-14 (ish). Their 50th anniversary was January of 2015. :]

Before that, my 2 'aunts' and my mom.

After that, mostly my mom but my grandparents still helped when needed (checking homework, taking us on trips across country, going out to movies, etc).

Explanation for not being raised much by my dad?

- My dad is a cheater and extremely self-absorbed.
    Not yet been in a relationship where he hasn't cheated.
    He honestly doesn't make time for us and will reach out when it's convenient for him.

He HAS been there a few times in my life when I NEEDED him.. But since then.. "Out of sight, out of mind".

- - - -

My mother has been happily dating her fiancé since 2008 (ish). To be honest, I usually just call him 'step dad' (wanted to be as specific as possible on here).

He's tried to be a good role model, without "stepping in" as our father.
    About 2 years ago, he admitted that a fear of his was/is that we think he tries to replace my father and take over.

^ People wonder why I'm so peculiar about who I date and often say "you're picky". Nope. I just don't want to end up like my parents.

I want to be married once and ONLY once.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both of my parents.

0|2
    0|0
  • Toughy.

Started with my parents together, they got married when I was a couple months old, divorced six months later.
    Did the week be week thing, one week Mums place, next week dads place with his partner (who's a fucktard and has trapped him with her own kids).
    Mum pissed off (ran away) when I was nine so dads place became permanent resident.
    At fifteen mum moved back and I took the chance to escape dads place and moved in with her, at seventeen moved out of mums and into my grandparents.

Here I am.

Fucked if I know who raised me. I'd like to say I raised myself. I'm neither dependent on alcohol or smoking or drugs like mum, or dependent on my partner like dad. Or a pile oif shit like my dads partner.
    At least I like to think I'm not like them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both of my parents raised me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mama
    And
    Papa

0|1
    0|0
  • Both of my parents + relatives/ aunts/uncles/cousins.
    We also had maids...
    I used to refer to the very first maid as my second mom.

0|1
    0|0
  • My mom raised me because she had no choice, my father died when I was 8 yo.

0|2
    0|0
  • My biological parents raised me together. They've been married for 25 years.

0|2
    0|0
  • My parents "raised" me, in the sense that they provide food, water, a roof over my head, and clothes. I was taught more of my values, how to live my life, how to deal with things, and given general emotional support by music, so I guess music was my third parent.

I don't really think my parents (especially my mom, my dad kinda tries) are good at connecting with me because I think differently than them and my other two siblings, have different interests, and don't *really* like people, and they really don't know much about me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both my mum and dad raised me.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents, my grandma and my sister. Was bounced around a lot.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of the time my mom

0|1
    0|0
  • Both Parents

0|1
    0|0
  • My dad raised me

0|2
    0|0
  • http://i.imgur.com/PijcGEU.gif

jk but single parent/grandparents

1|1
    1|1
  • I was raised by sugar!

0|0
    0|0
  • None of those

0|1
    0|0
  • Both my biological parents raised me, but my grandparents were also around.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both parents did.

0|1
    0|0
  • My mom

0|1
    0|0
  • Me and my two siblings were raised by our adoptive parents

0|0
    0|0
  • My biological parents raised me, but they sheltered me so much. I feel like my growth, ambition and perseverance came from my painful experiences and my will to succeed despite the circumstances. Therefore, the world raised me as well. However, there is no denying that without my parents I would not be who I am. I was so fortunate to have them to call mines.

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically both my parents. In reality it was just my dad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single parent, granny helped with babysitting when mom was at work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both parents raised me :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I was raised by both parents. They will have been married for 30 years in a few months and are still very much in love. I hope that in the future I can have a love/marriage like they do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both of my parents

0|0
    0|0
  • Both my parents. Their 32nd wedding anniversary will be this coming Friday.

1|0
    0|0
  • My parents, although more my mom since my dad had to travel a lot for work. But they both still came to my recitals, games, and such growing up.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mum only. She raised my brother and I on her own.

That man (some call him father, I don't) was around until I was 7 but those were the worst years of my life and even though he was there, he wasn't really there.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 15

• Both parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cartoons, which explains a lot actually.

http://i.imgur.com/nJdfbCC.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • My parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both parents and thank God, since so many Americans are either divorcing, dying, or breeding out of wedlock these days.

0|0
    0|1
  • Mum. Dad was and still is somewhat in the picture, I see him once in a while, but even when they were still together, I pretty much lived with my mum (they broke up several years ago, though).

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

My grandparents on my mum's side had quite some influence too, though (more than my dad did). They live a few streets away and were with me often.

• My grandparents ever since I was born.

0|0
    0|0
  • both parents

0|0
    0|0
  • my mom and dad

0|0
    0|0
  • Wolves.
    Just joking, my grandma raised me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drake

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother and my father raised me.

0|0
    0|0
  • TV and video games raised me.

0|0
    0|0
  • foster parent

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother and myself.
    My father came home every day, did not have affairs, didn't drink. But he never said much. He was there, that's all. I later guessed he was depressive.

0|0
    0|0
  • thankfully both parents

0|0
    0|0