How do you end a conversation through text?

If your talking to someone and you guys text throughout the day how does the conversation usually end? Do you stop texting back? Or do you say bye in the middle of the day? Or do you just text them back later?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on why..

Scenario:Is it bedtime?

A: Few people I will say goodnight to. The rest, I just pass out and respond to them in the morning.

Scenario: Do I have something to do? (Friends, date, etc)

A: Few people, I'll say I've got plans and will talk with them later.
    The request, I respond and go do my thing.

Scenario: They're boring me or are droning on about themselves.

Solution: I stop saying anything until something else comes up that is "text worthy".

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• Just fade out til the next day/time

Or if I'm angry I'll tell them to have a nice day/week/weekend and stop texting them

• It depends on the nature of the conversation, if it's an actual convo where we're both sending messages as soon as we recieve then I'd say bye to signify it's end. If it's a "reply whenever you aren't busy" type then I just let it go on without saying bye.

• Just don't reply usually. In the good old days we used to say bye or ttyl. Now we're just rude af.

• I'll text them back when I can. I probably said I was going to go to work or out before, so if they keep going they can, but I won't be able to respond until later. Only time I drop off suddenly is if I fall asleep.

• Stop replying and ignore it. That's what we girls do

• Either way works for me.

• Me and my friends never say bye. We talk until we fall asleep and carry on throughout the day or stop texting and carry on the conversation when we can or start a new one later :)

• I just stop texting back

• I'll just say enjoy the rest of your day. I'll ttyl

• Well, it's major turn off to me when someone just stops texting you, so I would just say something like: " Well, I have to go, but I'll talk to you later😊" Rather then nothing.

What Guys Said 6

• When I get the chance or if I'm sleeping, I'll just say I'm about to sleep, later.

• Ttyl

• Don't text lol

• K thnx bye.

• I just say I have to leave and come back at random times.

• Like this:

LATERS!!!