Why do I like being miserable?

This is a serious question. I realized not too long ago that I actually like feeling miserable about my life. I dont know why. I do know that I have terrible self esteem and a poor outlook on life and I lack confidence. So many things have gotten sour on me, I don't particularly like it, but I like the feelings I get from it in a weird twisted kind of way. I can't explain it. I want to change this and be more confident in myself. I want to be happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you don't like it, you just have become accepting of it as your new "normality". Confidence starts with you. What do you like about yourself? What makes you smile? Throw away things that make you frustrated and keep the things you like. Get rid of bad relationships and make the good ones even better.
    Treat yourself and don't be so hard on yourself. You're strong and you've made it this far, right? :)

What Guys Said 3

• I've been in the exact same thing before, I liked it. It's because being miserable is easy you get used to it, happiness takes effort, and you get sad wondering why you're stuck like this. I don't know how to help you since you didn't give details, but try changing things. It'll get better BUT only if you let it. it's a long winding road but you'll make it😊message if you need help

• Because you just do.

• Because it's what you think you deserve

What Girls Said 0