Is it normal to talk to yourself when your alone?

I find that I often talk to myself excessively when I'm alone just about random shit. Do I have a mental issues or do most people have private speech?

Most Helpful Guy

• No that is normal. Often you need an expert's opinion on something.
    Honestly it is normal were social beings and we need to hear someone's voice even if it is our own. We also process things differently when we hear them. So if were thinking about something it often helps in finding a solution if we talk to ourselves about it.

What Girls Said 3

• Nah, I talk to myself when I need to work through the seemingly millions of thoughts running through my mind. It helps me process everything into something logical (or as close as I can get to it).

• I don't really speak to myself but my thought process is similar to talking to myself.

• Yeah I don't talk to myself I just talk to bandit.

I'm not getting the answer?

I can just imagine that being pretty fun :)

Haha I guess

What Guys Said 9

• I don't use "normal" or "abnormal" and have replaced them with majority and minority. I'd say you're in the majority

That's reassuring man thanks haha

• They call that "Thinking Out Loud". See or read any or all the following that I've found regarding this:

elitedaily.com/.../

spiritualityhealth.com/.../9-surprising-benefits-talking-yourself

psychcentral.com/.../

• I think so. I do it. its a good way to solve problems. sometimes you need to hear yourself think. I've said things that made sense in my mind but when i say it out loud i think wow thats fucking retarded.

Haha I feel yah. Sometimes you go way to deep and your surprised that you could ever go that far. Lol

That's reassuring man cheers aha

cheers brotha

• Complete normal and healthy! Talking to yourself can help you well talk things out and kinda help you place certain things basically helps clarify what your thinking and doing so you can take action. Also helps yout mood when you do tha because you'll know what steps to take to complete the task.
    I also talk to my dog as well which is also normal for dog owners to do lol.

• I don't do it but I think it's normal. Some say that talking to yourself can make you a more organized person. Better thinking since you're analyzing things by using your words, not just your thoughts.

• Well I cannot say that you have menta issues or something like that But I am also in that talking-to-myself thing. But I do it and I talk about things that make me feel worry, how to solve a problem, what should I do with my realtionship problems etc etc.

I do it like if i am a friend and actually it is very helpfully you would surprise how answers come to your mind.

• Yes, I do it all the time, since it's hard to find people to talk to.

• I talk to myself when I'm doing work or fixing things. It's totally normal.

• No its normal. Its better to debate with imaginary person and win that. In the end, you will be logical in your perspective.

That's true, no one can see your perspective like you can. It's mentally impossible.