No one accepts me for who I am at school?

I don't care about dressing a certain way because for one we wear uniforms and two I like to follow the schools dress code. I'm not clingy, not annoying. I'm polite to everyone I meet and I speak when spoken too unless I wanna say something to a friend. I shower every day, brush and floss, I wear deodorant that lasts 48 hours and I shave my underams so I never have any smell unless it's sweat. By the way I made the cross country team but AGAIN! no one talks to me unless it's like one word. Let me tell you a story about why I'm asking this question today. I was in P. E. class and we were allowed to play basketball. I usually never play but I just wanted to today so I went over by some boys and asked if I could be included when they pick teams. they immediately starting laughing amongst themselves and started calling me urkil. I decided I was gonna stand my ground and stay so the people on the bleachers wouldn't laugh at me but the whole game the team I was on kept telling me it was my fault we were losing when they were the ones pushing me out the way and still getting they're asses beat. so the whole game I basically just stood there getting made fun of. why didn't I try to say something back? because when I try to stand up for myself it's funny, they just laugh at me because they think I'm weak. This has been happening my whole life NO MATTER WHAT I DO! so please somebody give me some good advice. don't say exercise because I do, and don't make any asshole comments please I just want some help

Most Helpful Girl

• "I speak when spoken too unless I wanna say something to a friend."
    "no one talks to me unless it's like one word"

Here's your problem. You need to increase your confidence and talk to people first. I know it's nerve wracking sometimes but it's something you have to do if you want people to notice you. Speak up in class discussions, get a part-time job, do something where talking to people is required. It'll at least help your social skills.

It's tough to give advice without actually knowing how you act, dress, or appear in person. Increasing your confidence and social skills may not instantly make everyone in the school like you, but it will benefit you in the future when you go off to college.

I act like a normal guy who's highly intuitive and treats others with the same respect I want in return, I wear a uniform like everyone else but because I'm short and skinny my pants look baggy and nerdy and people make fun of me for it but at least teachers aren't harassing me about dress code. I don't need confidence I have enough confidence to go to school everyday and continue living the way I am and I'm an entrepreneur so I have a shit ton of social skills. It just makes me mad when one person says something about me everyone else laughs at me and picks on me and stays away from me like I'm the one bad apple when I've done nothing wrong

Like I said I'm not changing for anyone I just want to be accepted somewhere I'm tired of everywhere I go it's the same thing. Even when I'm not in a uniform I could be wearing skinny jeans and a tight shirt and nobody will accept me still

I don't know how to help you there then. I know it sucks when people won't accept you ~as you are~ but if you don't want to change I can't help you.

Most Helpful Guy

• >> I'm polite to everyone I meet and I speak when spoken too unless I wanna say something to a friend.

Stop being so courteous to everyone. Do your own thing. You can still be respectful but tone down gentleman and turn up the badass.

>> they immediately starting laughing amongst themselves and started calling me urkil.

Just call them a bunch of cunts.

>> I decided I was gonna stand my ground and stay [...]

Here it might be better to just call them a bunch of cunts and leave.

>> [...] because when I try to stand up for myself it's funny, they just laugh at me because they think I'm weak.

Instead of standing up for yourself by trying to prove something, do it more by not giving a damn. Lose all the insecurities. Don't give a damn.

Be independent. Go your own way. Don't try to change people's minds about you. Just do whatever the hell you want and find people who like it.

What Girls Said 3

• lol they are calling you urkil? Take that as a compliment.
    readthetrieb.com/.../transformation-4.jpg

hell no I'm not! it's disrespectful they're saying I'm a nerd! I'm sick and tired of people stereotyping me it's aggravating and I don't have any friends because of it

So your saying I have to wait till others wanna be around me because of what I have rather than genuinely taking an interest in me. Thats bullshit

You also need to start talking to people so they can take interest in you.

• I'm not trying to be rude, but, based on how much you fucking complain on here, I can only imagine how off putting and annoying you are in person. Jesus Christ.

FUCK YOU YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I GO THROUGH THIS IS ONLY PLACE I CAN ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU DON'T WANNA ANSWER THEN DON'T FUCKING DO IT!

Yeah, I'm sorry for being a dickhead. Just /tired/ of everything. Shouldn't have directed it at you and your own personal pain.

I get your anger it can be very frustrating at times but follow my account I'm asking questions and trying to fix my life maybe you'll see something on there that can help you

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 3

• The people who you hung out with at P. E are not the right type of people to hang out with, due to how they treat you if they "think you're weak". Pretty that's only one group you can't fit in with, try to align yourself with like minded people.

Also, the anger you feel while typing on this site can be used irl too. Be smart about it, but being more assertive could fix your perceived weakness.

• Shoot them

• Hey man don't worry things will get better when you're older and are forced to work. You'll have to talk to people and learn to stand up for yourself because no one will stand up for you unless you have friends that love you. Which you will have.

Don't let dick head comments get you down. People do no like people with a lack of self confidence. But, you'll find it within yourself one day. I'm a very supporting person and don't bash on people because what good does that do? You're not a bad person everyone has potential do do very good in life.

Like for instance I got this great job now and make great money =)
    and I'm so proud of it.