What would you have done?

I was at the hospital this morning (for volunteering), met an old lady who I talked to and ended up talking to for almost two hours. In the end she told me, "You know when I first saw you, I thought you had a smile of an angel. Thank you for talking to me, sweet heart, I have no friends. My family decided to throw a pity party for me when they found out I swallowed half a bottle of sleeping pills."

She burts into tears and I hugged her. When I went back to my car, I cried inside by myself for twenty minutes.

3mo Her name was Jackie.

Most Helpful Guy

• That was nice of you to do that for an old lady. Honestly I don't think I would have had the patience to listen to that for two hours.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• That was so nice of you to do

• You are an amazing person

• The same thing you did.

• Id come back the following day at the same time, again and again and again

• Hugged her.

• The same.

• I suck at talking!.. Too bad!.. I wish I can get that skill from someone..
    I remember you
    You had a old profile what happened,.. The profile with where you posted your pic with funny moustage

• I would have told her I had to go to the bathroom and left

• well i would have helped her in any way i can and make her happy

• I wouldn't work there due to the possibility of such situations.

• Probably you're an angel

• Exactly what you did Intradoucing. Listened. Loved. Made her feel like she is loved. 😅

What Girls Said 8

• Damn :'(
    I would've done the same thing. I have so much respect for elderly people, and it makes me so mad/sad how they are treated a lot of the time

We should treat them well now because we all will age. Some day young ones can look after us in the same manner.

• I am a Nurse aid and I can Relate to this. I could tell a Million stories about the Elderly that would Bring you back to Tears.
    It takes Someone Special to to Take care of them, to Care about them, and you are the Angel beneath All of their wings.
    Good luck and Good work. xx

• I would have tried to console her like you did. I remember when I was hospitalized (voluntarily) in the psych ward I would go around talking to people in similar situations and try to console them. I tried hugging a few times but this mean nurse said "hey, hands to yourself" >:(

• My heart hurts

• Aww you're so sweet

• Hugged her

• She sounds like a nice lady

• I would come back to see her when I volunteered every time