If you found a potion that stops physical aging, would you use it?

While your internal organs are the only thing that's aging, you and your body will still look the same on the outside, never get wrinkles, and will live a lot longer.

Would you apply that potion?

• Hell yes, it would be cool looking the same
  • No, I want to age like I'm suppose to
3mo You get to live longer because even though your infernal organs are aging, they're aging at a very slow pace so you get to look the same physically.
3mo Internal

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if I get to share it with my man.

What Guys Said 14

• If I had to pick between one that just made me look younger, and one that actually made me retain youth in a more meaningful way, I'd take the latter... but if somebody just gave me the look-younger-potion and the only choice was "yes or no" then sure, why not?

• I don't want to use it for myself :(
    I want to give it to someone I really want like my parents or someone very very special. Someone for whom I would gladly give my life at moments notice. Just not strong enough to want to live for the rest of my life hearing people make same mistakes again and again

• The update invalidates the initial statement. If the organs age slower, then it's definitely worth drinking the potion. Otherwise it's like, 100% irrelevant.

• I would taste a single drop then see what happens. I've always wondered what would happen if you took a tiny dose of something with such dramatic effects.

It would immediately work. All you would need is take the potion and once you do, you'll look the same for endless years.

• Nope. I'd rather age on externally but still be young and healthy internally because health is much more important than looks

• Of course I would, who wouldn't? And I would reverse engineer it to make more

I would too. It would be cool.

• Naa, I barely age evem though im in the sun all tge time.

• No, I'm not vain.

• that would make no sense.

I added an update. Basically, physically on the outside you'll never age.
      Even though your internal organs do age since the potion is only to look the same on the outside, your internal organs will age very slow so you get to live a lot longer.

Then after the 10th year, they age by 1 year.

well that's a step forward anyway. minus the fatter and sleeping a ton part.

• In real life it's the body's internal dynamics that dictates its outward appearance. A ever aging infrastructure will undermine such a potion. In the past I became disappointed in the human body to live even a few lousy centuries and took step to solve this annoying inconvenience.

• Probably not. I mean, think about the pain of aging in the last 10-20 years of an average natural life, now imagine that happening slowly, methodically, over decades or centuries. Sounds like the worst kind of torture to me. Plus, I have the same problem with this as with immortality. I couldn't stand to watch as my loved ones pass on and on, while I just keep going, carrying my guilt, wishing it had been me instead of them

• Yeah I would, but they will thin I died so young when one of my organs fail

• No if you look 23 and you pick up a 21 year old girl but you have a 80 year old heart and lungs you will probably die

I updated my post. Your internal organs will age very slowly meaning they get to remain the same age for about 10 years. After the 10th year, they will age by 1 year.
      That's how you'll get to live a lot longer.

What Girls Said 8

• This kind of reminds me of the movie "In Time". Slightly.
    There was a disturbing problem though, when you couldn't tell if someone was the mom, grandma, sister or girlfriend haha. I think I'd pass on this potion.

Thousand of years from now there will be age gaps 2,000 or more years between partners. In a far more advanced civilization the gap could be Billions, trillions or even more.

• Hell to the YES

• Yeah, but the world would become a bigger mess.

• I'll save it for later because at the moment I still look too young for my likings.

• No, messing with the natural way of things always backfires.

How if you'll get to look the same for endless decades and live a lot longer?

True, the catch would be that your internal organs (heart, liver, lungs) would be aging after about 10 years passed by. So if you're 17 years, the internal organs will age by 1 year and so on, another 10 years will equal another 1.

Noo that'd be horrible for me. That'd take nearly a century for my frontal lobe to develop properly (usually finishes developing at mid twenties). I'd prefer to reach my prime at 33 and then stay the same, if anything.

• nope ! Aging is a natural process that is indispensable

• Of course I will. I want to look young forever. I'm afraid to age.

Same here. I only have 8 months left for my 30th b-day... ugh

• Oh hell yeah! It would be like being a vampire in a way.