Is anyone else starting to really loathe Islam?

I don't hate the people who follow Islam (for the most part), I just hate the religion itself.

Just to think about how oppressive it is towards women, gays, etc...

Just to think how horribly my mother and sisters would be treated in Pakistan, that they would lose their freedom.

Just to think about how violent and regressive it is, how it cannot be altered like how Christianity has been over centuries.

I really dislike it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No but I'll tell you a good amount of this site does. Hateful peope gather on the internet. Pakistan isn't the rolemodel of islam. I'd much rather use Indonesia as an example considering they have the biggest muslim population in the world.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think we have to distinguish here between the literal islam (what the koran says) on the one hand and how it's lived on the other hand. If we look at the former, you are right that islam is absolutely disgusting. However, the same can be said for christianity and judaism in this respect.
    If we look at how the religion is actually lived and practiced, we see huge differences. There are about 30 countries with muslim majorities and not all of them are fundamentalists.
    Also, if we criticize other religions, let's be fair and also have a look at Judaism. Jews are often freed from any criticism because people are too politically correct but the truth is that orthodox jews in some places can be just as idiotic and oppressive as fundamentalist muslims. In Israel, orthodox jews call for segregation in buses just like the US used to have it. Instead of race-segregation, they want sex-segregation. In their opinion, women should be forced to sit in the back while men sit in the front. They also believe that a woman should have to leave the sidewalk and cross the street if a man approaches her on that sidewalk. It's not much different from muslim sexism.
    The truth is that all religions are pretty fucked up and this is particularly true for the christianity, judaism and islam.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• no, i just dont like religion in general. its not about the people practicing it, its about how its organized.

• i dunno from where are you
    but there was couple of people here from Europe may be
    wanted to force women to wear off their niqab
    isn't that oppressive too?
    i can say "Just to think how horribly my mother and sisters would be treated in Switzerland "

• I've never met him.

• People are starting to loathe Islam all throughout the Western world.

• Christianity hasn't been altered. Bible is still the same. People's mind altered. there are still old minded christians outside. If you want to hate, Hate every religion like i do.

• Is it that much different from Christianity today?

• When I think of how my mother, sister and female friends would be treated in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran, or any other Sharia state, it makes me loathe the ideology of Islam.