Do people resemble the pets that they have?

I've seen this in real life and on here that some people look exactly like their dogs, cats, etc. It's freaky. Lol what do you guys think?
Here are some examples: Do people resemble the pets that they have?

0|0
15|9

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• On the whole no, if these are real cases then they are rare, as I'm pretty sure I don't look like my Alsatian at all. Maybe thought, who knows.

Although based on psychology crap I've done, you could argue animals take on personality and behaviors from their owner, whether that be aggression or excitement, especially when the two have been together for a while. This is all because of a cognitive psychology theory on how people adopt behaviors or schemers from role models, but for dogs their owners are usually the closest thing they have. Why it works for dogs, I'm not 100% sure, but it could be because the chemical hormone dogs relies when seeing what they consider their owner is similar to that of human hormonal for love, making the owner a potential role model.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah if they do that like those pics they would, lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I was going to post a picture of my old dog and ask if I do but I can't get the image up in a comment :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha on some pics the animal is more attractive :o
    You may have given the onset for some new chapters in biology books, make sure this question gets published in the National Geography Magazine :D

0|0
    0|0
  • No the pets resemble the people. 😜

0|1
    0|0
  • http://m.imgur.com/WwJgA9x
    What do you think

0|0
    0|0
  • My mom does look like her dog. The dog is old, is getting grey hair, and her mouth smells like a garbage dump. All three can also be said about my mom.

0|0
    1|1
  • Yes 100% I've seen it all the time lol

Dunno why though

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, I HOPE I don't look like a stick insect...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• Some people look like bulldogs. Some people look like lanky Afghan hounds. Others like the world's ugliest dog.

0|0
    0|0
  • LMAO i have a daschund and am short :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if it were true, I would be gorgeous in that case. 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • This is hilarious!
    I think I might resemble my dog a little, but we probably act the same ahaha.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's ridiculous, no. Maybe the accessories they make their pets wear or that the toys that their pets play with reflect the owner's personality, but they definitely don't look like the animal itself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hopefully Lol bandit (my dog) is so cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have two black pets... so no

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL... no... :-P

0|0
    0|0
  • i had a neighbour who looked like his freaking dog as well!

0|0
    0|0
  • I love when some people do! I do not have a pet at the moment, but I don't look like my mom's chihuahua.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm getting a cat then

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao some

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes they do. My dad used to say "ugly person = ugly dog"

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually have noticed this myself, sometimes they even do what their owners do. Someone once said that my cat looks like me. Now I know some people and their dogs can resemble one another but a cat and a human? Hmmm... Maybe thats why some of us choose a dog or cat with particular markings, build, eye colour... Its us as pets lol.

0|0
    0|0