What do looks have to do with anything?

Hi, everybody this isn't really a question but id like your thoughts are opinions on the subject. For has long has I can remember I've never been very happy. Deppression hit me at a young age and its still there except now I want to be alive. I work at a public place, decetly big, and decetly popular. I get told a lot to smile because im pretty. What does looks have to do with anything. Im average based on looks. If I was the hottest person alive how would that make me happy. What if they thought I was unattractive would it then be okay to be sad.

What Guys Said 3

• Looks have less to do with how people perceive you than your attitude and the energy you put out.
    Are you in therapy or getting treated for your depression?
    Smiling makes you feel good, and it makes you approachable. People want to be around happy people. People don't want to be around sad or grumpy people.
    The more you smile, even if you're not feeling 100% happy inside, the better you will feel.
    Give it a try.
    Throughout your day, try smiling at people and see what happens. It could be someone walking past you on the sidewalk or a customer approaching you in the store or a teacher in the classroom. As you approach them, look at them and smile. Probably 8 out of 10 times you do this, the other person will smile back and you'll both feel good. The 2 out of 10 times that they don't smile back, you'll probably feel a little bit bad and maybe think to yourself "Gee, what's her problem!"

That's why smiling is good to do. You don't have to go around with a fake smile all the time, and it's OK to feel sad sometimes. But if you're feeling sad and you smile and say "hi" to someone, you'll probably feel better instantly.
    Bonus points if you see someone who looks like they might be having a rough day as well... If you can put a smile on their face for a split second by saying "Hi" and smiling at them, you might just turn their bad day into a better day AND you will feel better at the same time. (Your success rate with getting a smile out of someone who's having a bad day might be lower, and it's OK if they don't smile back. Who knows what they're going through inside. But if you can get them to crack a smile and cheer them up for a moment, you never know how much of a difference it can make in their life.

Be sure your depression is being properly treated though, that's the most important thing to deal with first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9cGdRNMdQQ

• As a girl, people (both men and women) would generally pretend to be more interested in you. That could raise your self-esteem.

By the way, that other guy is right: the mind-body connection works both ways. It's onset of the most well established facts in psychology that smiling more improves your mood, even if you don't feel like smiling. You shouldn't try to ALWAYS appear totally fine, but you can help yourself by smiling occasionally even when you don't feel like it.

• looks make people come out of the bushes more. that means more friends more asking on dates more help with school more connections more enimies maybe. just a fact of life. and smiling puts people at ease or making people feel better. making people feel at ease expecially when ur attractive is such a skill bc helping give that boy or girl you like the confidence or clarity for one second to ask you out or just talk can be and amazing thing as well as a big game changer.

What Girls Said 0