Should I let my ex know im in labor so he can be at the home birth?

Hi everyone i am asking this as i wanted to get some unbiased opinions so here goes im in early labour planning a home birth but the only problem is me and the fathe are not together any more and he wants to be at the birth and i Don't know what to do so girls what would u do and guys how would u react not being allowed at the birth if u wanted to be there

3mo To all that have answered i am greatful and i will let u know how the birth goes and i think i will let him be there

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's babies father then yes you have to let him know

U think i should

I mean do u want me to private message u?

Sure I'm always fine with messages if there's something to talk about.

What Guys Said 3

• If I was not still dating the girl, I would understand her not wanting me to be in the room seeing her exposed "in all her glory." However, I would want to be waiting close by so that I could hold my baby as soon as possible. How you treat him sends a signal about whether you really want him involved in this child's life. Every child does better if they have both a mother and a father so, for the sake of your child, include him in as much as possible and act as if you expect him to always be a strong participant in this child's life.

But i am having a home birth and i Don't think my perents will let him in their house

Then simply tell your parents about it well in advance and tell them to just deal with it.

I'm already in early labor lol

• He should be allowed to be there. I wouldn't want to be there even if I was still with the girl because it is very gross to see it. (I had to see one on video in a class I was in before)
    Anyways, it's the right thing to do, to let him be there if he wants to.

• He is the Baby Daddy and needs to be there.

What Girls Said 2

• If he wants to be there tell him! Still his child

But I'm having a home birth but I live with my parents and don't think they will let him in their house

I know but we broke up very early on in my pregnancy so we never talked about it but he is super supportive of the pregnancy and Baby and has come to all the appointments and ultrasounds with me but I do know if he should be at the birth but I'm running out of time to decide as I'm already in early labor

Well the fact he's been supportive shows a lot hun

• I'd recommend that you do sense it's still his child and he wants to be there.
    But, do whatever you feel comfortable with.

I Don't know if i should but knowing him he probably knows im in labor