How would you rate the Olympics?

How would you guys rate the Olympics that have just been? What do you think they done well? Or what do you think they didn't do so well?

I thought it was a pretty poor Olympics overall full with drama and it makes me question whether countries with major social problems should be hosting them.

The lows were the small crowds, especially at the Athletics. Athletes and staff getting robbed or involved in drama.

The good things I thought were the street events eg the marathon, triathlon, cycling where you got to see the city itself.

• it was very good
  • good
  • average
  • poor
  • very poor

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• A 7 for me. The olympics are nice to see no matter what, I love them! But this year we got a poor country hosting it while the people need health and education, we got the russian case, green pools, some controversial jugdes decisions, the 2 American athletes getting arrested after lying about being robbed, the athletes getting robbed in the olympic village, the small crowds in some stadiums and a IOC member getting arrested for illegal ticket selling.
    But on the other side we have Phelps and Bolt being even bigger legends, Simone Biles showing that she will stay in history, tons of WR being beaten, specially in swimming, lots of tense games in the sports like volleyball, handball, football and basketball and great finals in track and field!

What Girls Said 12

• Screw these Olympics Team Russia was attacked for something everyone does.

Ummm yeah sure right.

But they need to be made an example of so nobody does it. Other countries doing it doesn't make it OK.
      We want a clean Olympic Games

Who me? I live there already.

• A few Bad apples Spoiled the Bunch this year, with the Problems that Lead to a few Guys with Bad Tries and Lies. That sort of Put a Monkey Wrench into things here, dear. High Price to Pay for Publicity.
    Other than That, always a Winner.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I don't watch it, never have and never will, they are nothing but a bunch of untalented baffoons who take stereroids lol i don't watch any sports really because i don't see the point it's just back and forward for ages not really accomplishing much especially football these days... nothing but over-paid pampared guys who again take drugs and not to mention sleep wth prostitues instead of their girlfriends, i have never seen why there is such a hype of sports.

Sports are good for various reasons that I won't even mention. Some people may not like watching them but practising is a must, you can't just sit your ass all day. And no, not everyone dopes, doping is highly controlled, look at the russian team for example. And who doesn't like seeing humans do extraordinary things? Track and field really explores the limits of the human race. And you could make an effort every 4 years and support your country :D

That we can't know, but nothing more can be made to catch them. Lots of athletes have been caught and banned. But if everyone does dope, wouldn't it make it fair anyways? If they all dope they are all at the same level. And most doping is in track and field, there's no need to dope in things such as gymnastics, diving, horse riding, archery, table tennis and others. And most team sports like volleyball, handball, football and basketball don't need doping either.

Yeh that's true i guess it would make it level competition but to be honest i feel it's more of an experiment because in these sports humans from all over who can move their bodies, do things with it and endure things FAR more than most humans probably because of genetics that are active that aren't in the rest of us and that is definitly very intruiging to the world because they wonder what makes these genes activate in some people but others not? so doping wouldn't give them accurate results ether, i wouldn't like to be treated that way as some experiment ether, you see what they call them in ads and stuff "Olympian Super Humans", i just don't respect what it stands for ether, i mean yeh it's fasinating how certain genetics only acticate in some people but it's not right to be treated as a lab experiment their whole lives.

• I love watching the olympics and look forward to it every year. Gymnastics is my fave along with swimming and diving. I think they all did they're very best as its not something I could go out there and do and that's what makes me so infactuated with watching. I do however think Ryan Lochte was hurting after he didn't make it into the next race for him to lash out in his stupidity the way he did. Overall I really liked it!

• For once my country did reasonably. We were 2nd

Yup England had a great one, but I suggest you make the most of it because it might not happen again

Lol. Fully aware hence how I said "for once".

Aware we are shit, don't need to be told so bluntly love (Y)

Also UK. Please include the rest.

• My home land failed me! I was terrible upset! They only won in the soccer part, but not track and field, which is my thing, and our people are born with long gifted legs. Since they didn't do good, I cheered for Usain Bolt. I admire his ability to run so fast.
    Over all it was very good! 👏

Maybe they should spend less money on hosting Olympics and more money on athletes lol

• I barely even watched it... but from what I did see, it was good :)

• average

• it was so good, it is a 10 for me!

• They would be so much better if they have doing them in another country.

• Green pools, one guy lost in kayak because his paddle got stuck in some seaweeds, people getting disqualified in athletics for unknown reasons... I didn't even watch that much of it.

• "The lows were the small crowds, especially at the Athletics. Athletes and staff getting robbed or involved in drama."
    You do know it was a lie right? Or it didn't show to the US? I'm in London by the way

That one was buy there were plenty of other incidents

Incidents will always happen... The problem is that everyone criticizes Brazil more cause they are third world and stuff. Do you remember Beijing? They put a girl to sing an another one to lip synk cause they tought that the singing one was ugly. There's always something

What Guys Said 14

• A lot of the track-and-field girls were quite cute! Thumbs up lol.

I do think that aspect has improved from previous ones lol

• Having the World Cup and then having the Olympics there two years later was over kill. Brazil doesn't seem like a very welcoming place to visit honestly. Already predicting the Tokyo Olympics will probably nail it.

• It was very boring in my opinion 😒

• I didn't watch them enough to rate.

• Outside of Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps, nothing really stood out to me. It was kinda hoo-hum.

• Well, setting up the Olympics in an developing country is great in theory, it didn't work very well. The scandals were too frequent, and the chances of getting Zika wasn't exactly a plus. Overall it was pretty crummy, and that was before the basketball team went to a brothel or the swimmers made up a robbery story.

• maybe a 6... not bad but also not super great. they had their strengths and weaknesses. Like I said already on a different questions, the low amount of spectators and problems with the doping controls were meh.

• Very boring America won a shit ton of metals the first two days and there was no competition. If Russia was allowed to compete than there would be more at stake but without that it's no fun. Also usually China competes for the metal totals as well but they weren't able to cut it.

• 5/10 way too basic and u'll see an olympic in every corner of Europe and dont cry when u do lmfaoo
    @jxpxtxr

• Oh, was that on?

;)

• Don't really care much!

• Nothing to write home about.

• I'm still watching it on iplayer, the running has been great by Brazil nothing like the disaster that Western people were predicting. But the results., U. S. A. cheating and doping the way to the top of the medals table.

• good