Why do guys pick virgin women over experienced ones?

So, I met this great upfront guy and we hit things off, or at least I thought so, we'd been flirting for a few months now, so I realized I liked him quite a lot, he's quite sincere and honest. We eventually ended up having the 'sex' talk, and while I wasn't a virgin, he was. And after that everything changed. Well, not everything... The flirtiness is gone, the romance, gone. We still hangout together a lot and spend time together, and he hasn't treated me any differently, but I feel like he's become distant. So I couldn't take much more and confronted him, he said he'd prefer a virgin because he was a virgin and that wasn't something he was willing to compromise on. And that he preferred someone with no past, all his words hurt so much.
But he wasn't demeaning, he sounded like he'd made up his mind. And now I'm desperate. I can't stop thinking about this guy. We still talk and spend a lot of time together. But its become platonic and I'm left with one sided feelings for him. I feel so bitter towards him. What do I do? Do I still have chance with him?

• Yes. Maybe he'll change his mind.
  • No. Won't work out.

Most Helpful Guy

• So basically, this question is kinda misleading, let's not generalize guys, ok?
    Second of all, you've been friend zoned and he's entitled to his preferences.
    Lastly, a no means a no. Just move on. There's plenty of other fish out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just let it go. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to move forward in any type of romantic relationship. He's a virgin and he wants to be with one. Unfortunately, you don't fall under that category. So I think you should just stop seeing him.

What Guys Said 21

• I wouldn't say all guys expect virgins. Sure, most guys care about their gf's past at least to a certain extent but it's mainly virgins who really want virgins. Non-virgin guys may find it appealing to be with a non-virgin appealing but they typically don't expect one.

• "Why do guys pick virgin women over experienced ones? "

Many of us don't. I don't see it working out and I think it would be a waste of time to try. Sorry. :-(

Did he offer any possible insight as to the reason (s) it bothered him so? Any chance he views it in moralistic terms? If so, just walk away. He's not ready for a relationship and you don't want to end up with, well, that. It's a fight not worth having. Good luck!

• Are you kidding?

You say 'experienced' as if it's a good thing. Not all men like used goods. That's like getting second place. You tell me, would you rather have a used car or a new car for the same price? You'd be lying if you said you'd go for the used car even though it's more 'experienced' and broken in on the road.

Sorry to break it to you - women aren't goods or cars.

@TakeMaker Sorry to break it to you, not all men want to be with a woman that's been with multiple men.

They have standards.

And many have issues.

Standards doesn't mean virgin or nothing.

• Everybody have preferences. In his case, this is a deal-breaker if you're not a virgin.

Move on and find someone else.

• it says your age is 18-24 so yeah I would definitely pick a virgin over someone who has had experience in there teens but that's just how I was raised don't date or get with a girl who can't wait to grow up before they spread there legs and fly

• it's attractive and usually means she has good self control. I'm not so much into liberal women

• Virgin girls can't compare.

• Because in most guy's minds virgin women are more "pure."

• Not all guys do. But it's still a preference thing, just like liking blonde girls, etc. Dont feel bad because of it and dont take it personally.

• Stop pursuing him and distant yourself from him for a while he will get the message and would ask you what happened thats when you tell him and it might work out

• I have no idea. First these guys want a virgin and then they complain because she does not want anal. Yeah because virgins totally want anal.

• He already made up his mind, he want a virgin as himself due to how they will experience orgasm together for the first time, that's nice but he shouldn't judge you... You might be the perfect girl for him

• i´ll pick an experienced one over a virgin any day xD

it´s that dumb impression that a girl can be "worn out" or "used up"... pure stupidity.

• im a virgin and i prefer virgin girls

• Move on

• not 100% true

• Give him a blow job. He will quickly decide that you aren't such spoiled goods after all.

• Virgin = More likely to be faithful, healthy and have our child. Not another mans.

Girl who's had sex = The opposite of those things. Simple biology way of thinking. Then add in the possessiveness. NOT controlling. There is a difference.

• Sounds like moron to me. I think you have dodged a bullet. Forget the loser and find someone who cares about you.

I preferred experienced women when I was single. Married one. I really don't understand the whole big deal about virginity in some peoples heads. Fair enough in centuries past before condoms etc, but these days virginity just means that you don't really know what to do the first time.

• We don't like foreign use!!!

• Don't waste your time

What Girls Said 7

• Most guys in my region (if not all) want virgins because it's considered to be a virtue. Even non virgins guys do, unfortunately there's a double standard and it sucks, most guys around here sleep around with girls and pretend they love them and then leave them to marry a virgin... I won't allow myself to be used by a guy only for sex.
    It's a different story in other countries though, many men prefer Experienced gurls, or , simply don't care either way.

• He wants someone to share his first time with, the sex talk could have scared him away cause he is virgin or was too quick for him. I think it's best you distant yourself from him so you can get over your feelings for this guy.

• Every guy is different. Maybe some guys prefer to lose their virginities to someone who is also a virgin. Others doesn't really care if they lose it to someone whose already experienced.

• They don't

• I hate reading so like maybe because he is boring lolz

• Let him go, way too judgmental

• A virgin wanting a virgin? Move on. No sense in trying to change his mind. Not sure how easy it will be to find another virgin but hey some people like the quest to find what meets their expectations. Find someone different.