How to ace an audition?

I have a few auditions for acting, singing and modelling... How can I stand out? xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated actresses and models. One of my old girlfriends is reasonably famous now. One of my good high school friends won the state beauty pageant, became a professional model, and then did some acting.

How you stand out is by having the audition rigged for you in the first place. Your 15 years of experience on stage and in print means that when your agent called to set up the audition, that the people doing the hiring already know who you are.

The second way to get in, which is the most sure way if you don't have 15 years of experience, is by competing in state pageants. If you are Miss ___ or Miss Teen ___ of your state, they will call you. My recommendation is then to get on the pageant circuit and win.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm... I've never been an actor or a singer, so I can't speak to those two.

I was an editorial model in a previous life, and I've also worked in staging for international runway shows. So, I know a thing or two about the modeling industry. (:

But... Gna need some more information there, first.

What kind of modeling are we talking about? Runway? Editorial? Catalog? Print? Promo?

Do you have a book? Comp card?

Who's the client? How do you know the client / how did you find out about the casting call? (Open call? Personal connection? Family connection? Talent agency? etc)

Help a girl out here lol

It's just an agency... They asked me to turn up and then they decide but I don't think I'll get to do runway because I'm 5'6...

Thanks xx

hot commodity you will be.)
      If you are still in school, then, of course, yr parents will have to be in on the game if you get "big" enough.
      I got started when I was 21, which was actually REALLY late for editorial. Most agencies these days wouldn't even look at a 21-year-old just getting started -- they usually want 15- to 19-year-olds. So, in other words, if you get big, this IS going to interfere with yr normal schooling schedule, and yr parents will have to be down with that if it's a thing that happens.

Good luck! Lmk how this all turns out! When is this happening?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• never be late ><