Can you go back to just being friends after you've slept together?

We've been friends for a while, we slept together a bunch the last couple months but I'm feeling the fizzle die down now - is it normal to go back to just being friends without the sexual aspect or is it something we like do on occasion now?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can never take back that it happened. You will always have that special bit of extra intimacy that you shared.

A strong friendship with two emotionally strong people will have no problems continuing.

dont want to take back it happened, im absolutely glad that it did. No regrets there. But since its died down a little im hoping if we just go back to being friends, that that won't fizzle out.
      But judging from what you just said, i think well be great :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a friend in university that I was sleeping with for a while and we went back to being friends. He's actually the only university buddy I still keep in touch with all that much anymore haha we were pretty tight before and after the boning occurred tho.

And we're like, legit friends. We've always been happy for one another when one of us has found a decent girlfriend or boyfriend. But any time we were both single and I visited we'd bone.

So good to hear! I hope ours works out the same :)

What Guys Said 4

• Sometimes it's about 50/50

• yes, but depends upon the emotional situation.

Were not emotionally involved, other than being friends first.

however, your next LTR isn't gonna like the other friend around...

if i did have a ltr, i wouldn't hang out with the other friend so much.

• if it is only sex, yes you can act normally all the other times when around your fuck buddy, but from time to time you would have to go back for another sexy session :)
    I had this sort of relationship with few of my neighbors , they had boyfriends, I'd have a girlfriend, but once in a while we'd go crazy and just enjoy our bodies

That makes me feel better. I really didn't wanna lose him as a friend and an occasional fun time if either of us needed it.

• Of course. I use to hit this broad for 3 months we stopped the friendship went south for a while but after it hit rock bottom it began to rise again we talk good now not often though but good.

Which sounds great and how we used to be before we randomly became intimate.
      So good to hear :)

What Girls Said 4

• It really depends. Most likely in will be in occasion now. Like you guys both are drunk and so now it happened again. But really depends on your guys' personalities

• Well it all depends on the two of you

• I couldn't. I get way too emotionally involved after having sex with someone.

Im sorry to hear that :(

• You two will just end up having sex again and again when its needed. Unless one or the both of you agrees to not have sex anymore and only remain friends rather than fwbs.

Which is perfectly fine with me, thats what i want. we had like an unspoken weekly thing almost but like i said, its died down but we haven't talked so, im hoping we can just hang out like we used to. but the occasional sleeping when needed is good too :)

that's not going back to just friends then...

Then i guess you do want to just stick w the fwbs. I agree with what orphan says.