Why is it that women in this type of role, are always wearing practically nothing, but the men are always completely covered?

Why is it that women in this type of role, are always wearing practically nothing, but the men are always completely covered?
Not only is she wearing less in the one on the right, but compared to the joker, harley quinn is practically naked. How come you never see men like the joker, with less clothes on?

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Because those images are designed for creepy perverty men and straight men usually don't want to see other men naked.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 5

• Conan the barbarian is half naked, most male heroes have their clothes torn apart leaving them half naked and do show up usually shirtless at some point in the comics. The reason why "no" males are that way is simply because no one actually bothers to acknowledge it. Might as well complain why every single romance novel written by women for women has a muscle bound half naked man on the cover (its also the most popular genrea so you know a lot of women are reading them). Its not that its not their its that others don't want to acknowledge it, that's why you have occurences where people complained about a spider woman cover where they thought it was provocative and turning her into a sex object which was quickly refuted by multiple images of spider man in the same exact pose. Its not that its not their its that we don't want to admit that its their.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wasn't Jared Leto's Joker shirtless in all those promo photos? I think he was in the movie too, but I didn't watch it.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Yeah, he played Joker in this movie. shirtless is one thing but like, look at her on the right. She's in a frickin bikini, while he's wearing a Hawaiian shirt. they couldn't at least have had him shirtless in that pic?

• 3mo

I just don't really see the problem. But are Hawaiian shirts the least sexy thing a guy can where? They have to be close.

• because they wouldn't sell as many comic books with a half naked Joker

1|2
    0|0
  • Because Women in that role are supposed to seem more feminine and appealing to men. Men in that role are supposed to seem more masculine and appealing to women.

That and in the second panel their both wearing beachware.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

you said "seem more masculine". but what does "seeming more masculine" mean?

• Show All
    • 3mo

Looks like you're going the SJW route.

What makes a woman feminine? You completely ignored that part. Either you know what makes a woman feminine and know what makes someone masculine or you're just pretending.

I can't take you seriously.

• 3mo

I'm sorry, maybe you have a different definition of what makes a man masculine

• Men in general cover themselves up more. This is a real life phenomenon.

0|1
    0|0