Are you an early bird or a night owl?

I'm definitely a night owl, although I could be an early bird too if I got enough sleep! I average around 5/6 hours sleep on a weeknight, and like, 10 hours on a weekend, and before any of you tell me that's not healthy, I know :P and I'm trying to improve.

But, back to the question, which one are you?

• I'm an early birdAre you an early bird or a night owl?
    17% (14)21% (16)19% (30)Vote
  • I'm a night owlAre you an early bird or a night owl?
    64% (54)55% (42)60% (96)Vote
  • I'm neither/both/other
    19% (16)24% (18)21% (34)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1
32|36

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was young I was an early person. I always was up really early. I hated staying up late.
    Then I spent 10+ years on off shifts. Working midnights or afternoons so we didn't have to put our boys in daycare.
    Since then I have become a night owl. I much rather stay up until 2-4am and sleep til 11am or noon.
    Once my boys are all out of high school I can totally see myself going back to midnights. I loved midnights.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Since I was in kindergarten, I have always been enrolled in early care when in school. SO I would get to school around 6:30am or 7:00am and participate in their breakfast and morning play time. This ended once I got to high school, but I still had to keep waking up early, so now its just habit. And when i'm able to, I prefer to be in bed around 8pm or 9pm, so I'm definitely NOT a night owl. hahaha :)

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 35

• Unfortunately I'm both. I work until midnight and then I wake up at 530-6 in the morning with my kids as the wife works in the morning.

1|0
    0|0
  • definitely a night owl. my mind gets very active at night. it's when i'm most creative, thoughtful, reflective, etc

1|0
    0|0
  • I could be both it depends on what im doing. Their have been some times I stayed up past 24 hours. If im out partying then im a night hour. I tend to wake up early a lot so that makes me an early bird to. So im part bird and part owl. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm such that - I hate getting up early but early mornings are my most favourite part of the day.

2|0
    0|0
  • Me + mornings = don't fuck with me lol

4|0
    0|0
  • I'm part of the minority... let me stay out of bed until after 12 PM and no matter what happens, without having had any alcohol, the day afterwards I'll have a hangover :o :-(

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm naturally a night owl, but now that I work at 630 am 3 days a week, my body's adjusted and I can't stay awake past 1030 pm.

1|0
    0|0
  • 5/6 hours sleep that's very healthy because I get only 2/3 hours sleep and I have not been admitted to hospital for last 6 years.

1|0
    0|0
  • Neither lol. I like to sleep. But i can more easily go to sleep late rather waking up early

1|0
    0|0
  • Early bird during the week due to work early in the morning. Night owl on the weekends for the 4 am bars.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm just like you it really depends how much sleep I get or how late I want to be up

1|0
    0|0
  • I was a night owl in my late teens to mid 20's, but now I'm an early bird :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I sleep early sometimes right after sunset at 8:00 pm and wake up as early as 3 - 4:00 am

I guess that make me, an actual bird lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Bofe! I don't sleep sometimes so I'm pretty much up all night and I'm still away by sunrise lol

2|0
    0|0
  • im neither

1|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the dday

1|0
    0|0
  • I can be both when needed. I'm down to say up until the sun rises and I can also be up and at 'em while it's still dark out. Generally I'm neither. Asleep by 12 up by 7 or 8.

1|0
    0|0
  • I embrace the night owl

1|0
    0|0
  • definitely night owl.

1|0
    0|0
  • I sleep at 12 and wake up at 4:30
    I am bowld 😝

1|0
    0|0
  • Late nights but i need to break that habbit lol

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't sleep at night
    I sleep 3-4 hours in afternoon
    Don't know what am I :P

1|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes go 2 hours sleep a night. And sometimes 10.

It really depends on my mood.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am both because my job demands me to be both. So I have to be.

1|0
    0|0
  • When you work the night shift, you start becoming both lol!

1|0
    0|0
  • Early bird, I usually wake up at 5.30 even in Weekends.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's 5AM and I'm about to go to bed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I go to sleep at 2:30 everynight

1|0
    0|0
  • Night owl

1|0
    0|0
  • I can be both

But I prefer night

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 31

• I'm both, I tend to get to sleep about 11pm at night, if I'm lucky enough to fall asleep (but I could stay awake all night if I wanted I guess, I study quite well at night time). And I wake up at 4am and function all day.

I just have a crazy amount of endless energy at all times.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, kind of in the middle? Not sure what I am. Go to sleep at 11pm and wake up at 7:30-8? ... I'm a sloth :P

2|0
    0|0
  • im both. only bc i work at night so im up late, and i wake up early. if i could CHOOSE tho, i would b a night owl. i like when its dark outside. its cooler and comfier...

1|0
    0|0
  • 3|0
    0|0
  • I hate getting up early. If I have an early flight for vaca. I'd rather get a hotel room close to the airport for a night than have to wake up an hour earlier to travel to it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm both lol I guess waking up early for years kind of makes me an early bird, but I stay up late and do things here and there which makes me a night owl. A bit weird but it works for me lol

1|0
    0|0
  • early bird

2|0
    0|0
  • Night owl no doubt. It is 5:20 am here and I haven't gotten to sleep yet
    Some days I stay up until 7am and then just decide to stay up for a full 24 hours bc if I fall asleep I won't wake up until 3 or 4

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely night owl, hence my name

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm an early bird. I naturally wake up around 5 AM every day, even if I wanted to sleep in a bit. But I usually feel really good in the mornings.

2|0
    0|0
  • I am an early bird. Fits nice with my job.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm more of a night owl.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a perpetually tired pigeon.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I'm neither, sometimes I'm both.

1|0
    0|0
  • Early bird. Waking up at 4 am for work. I do it on my own now on weekends too haha

1|0
    0|0
  • Night owl

1|0
    0|0
  • I am both

1|0
    0|0
  • night owl ><

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a night owl

1|0
    0|0
  • Both

1|0
    0|0
  • nightie owl here, have trouble to sleep since uni students

1|0
    0|0
  • Night owl

1|0
    0|0
  • Night owl! Join the club if you haven't yet!

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless I get 14 hours of sleep a night I cannot function properly throughout the day.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am both.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both of them. I sleep late sometimes and always wake up early

1|0
    0|0
  • Sadly I'm forced to be an early bird. I'm more of a neither or night owl

1|0
    0|0
  • Night owl.