How to tell my manager nicely they I'm quitting for a better job?

So I was offer a better job that's more convenient for me. I'm going to get payed $13 an hour as a hostess, also it's closer to home and my bf's place, this place will look better in my resume, and I get the two days off I desire, sat and sun. However I feel awful quitting this job I've been working in for two weeks. I never knew something better would come quickly to me. The people are nice, the owner, and the people from the back everyday cook for their employees, I feel love. But I make $10 an hour, work 6 days a week, is not a well known establishment and is a bit farther from home than the other job. I am positive I want to do this, but I just don't know how to go about it. I start working Monday for this place? How do o go apt doing this today in person?

Most Helpful Guy

• You explain, calmly and politely, that you have an opportunity, and that you, like every other employed person, do not work for the sake of the business you work for, but you work for the sake of your own well being. You thank him for having given you work thus far. You thank him for giving you the skills that will help you do better in your new job, and you wish him well.
    And you work every day you have remaining at that job, after giving notice, as if you never gave notice, and as if your performance truly mattered.

Our entire economic system is based on working a low paying job, to get the skills and experience needed to either be promoted, or to leave for another, higher paying job, if no promotions where you are are available. This is not a betrayal of the people you work for. I have no doubt your manager will understand, and be happy for you, and while appreciating your desire for being polite, may even be somewhat confused that you seem so apologetic about moving on to do what is best for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• What you really should have done is given some notice and told the new place you can't start until X date. But since you didn't, all that's left is an apologetic version of exactly what you wrote here.. to the management of the current work. you might even offer is to to stay in a couple extra days till they find a replacement and let the new place know this.

I know I should have done that, but the other job just contacted me yesterday and needs me ASAP. I just feel so bad to break it to them :( but thanks.

What Guys Said 12

• you just tell them in person. every employer has had people come and go. as long as you are polite and explain that you appreciate the opportunity but something really great presented itself and you didn't think it would... they'll understand and appreciate your honesty

• Be polite, honest, and grateful.

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity, I have really enjoyed my time here. I have found a new role elsewhere that is too good to let go. I hope you understand. Thanks again for everything, I will miss you!

• You tell them that you have really enjoyed working for them and with the great people there, but unfortunately you have been offered another position and you don't feel you can turn it down.

Offer to work whatever hours you can to make the transition easier for them and your co-workers. The idea is two fold, one treat them well, which is the right thing to do, and to keep your options open. You never know what can happen at the new job.

• Tell him that you enjoyed working here, and that you thank for the opportunity to work.

Then say that you have decided to part ways, but hope that you can join the company again if the circumstances are right.

Tell him you want to support the handover of jobs if needed. But tell him the exact day which you will leave, legally though you have to give a notice.

• Just tell them exactly what you posted here. They will understand the reasoning.
    It is common courtesy to give at least two weeks notice though, otherwise the employer can be left short handed and it is kind of messed up.

• Type a professional letter saying that you're putting in a 2weeks notice due to receiving a better offer elsewhere.

• Be polite and give two weeks notice.

• Tell'em u will be quitting for another job closer to ur home that will make life easier for u and ur family. Then proceed to tell'em how great the the employees and the people was but as oppurtunity arises, one juz gotta take to chances ✌🏼️

• by giving them 2 week notice.

How could I have given them this two week notice if the job offer was yesterday? I would have, believe me. But they need me ASAP

if this job offer wants you bad enough they'll wait for you to leave your current job respectfully.

• Ditch!

• You just tell them that you're putting your two weeks notice in. That's all you need to say

• Tell them as soon as possible and simply be honest. The other job is a better fit for you but you like them.

The earlier you can give them the information the better for them. Their schedules right now includes you. The truly polite thing to do is to work a while extra to give them time to find a replacement. Less than a week won't make any employer happy. A month or so is standard here. A few weeks at the least.

What Girls Said 3

• Just be vague and say that "I can no longer do this job" and if they ins ist on why, say "i found something better suited for me" and continue with express ing your gratitude and wishing them well

• With a letter of resignation

• Just tell him you found a higher paying job