In which country/city do you want to settle down, why did you chose it?

I want to settle down in the country of my Parents because I really like it. I wouldn't mind doing the same thing as my father, he immigrated to the Middle East and earned a lot of money so once he retires we can live well in our home-country , I would do it too, but ultimately I want to get back to the country of my ancestors because it's warm, and nice and I don't think I would like living anywhere else (unless it's for a short period of time).

• I want to settle down in a foreign country
  • I want to settle down in the place I live rn
  • I don't know yet
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• i want to live in northern France because i like France and the houses there are not too expensive compared to Belgium. i live in Belgium now and i dont agree with the urbanization process that is taking place that is enforced by the federal government. for these reasons i am going to move. but my house will not be a permanent place for me to live. it will be my headquarters from where i organize my life. i intend to do some traveling around the world because there are many places i want to visit, but i would just want to own a house before doing the traveling. a house is a persons best asset in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a very difficult question for me for two reasons: I am a nomad at heart, and there are too many variables.

I have lived in a few places/ countries over the span of my life, because of which I am what some would call a third culture kid. I don't belong anywhere, but I am kinda accepted everywhere. I am very adaptable to other cultures, and assimilate quickly and make it my home. And nothing brings me more fulfilment that immersing myself in different cultures. So ideally I would like to keep moving homes every few years. Never settle down.

Ofcourse this is not practical, when it comes to having a career, family kids, all of which I want very much too. So I will have to sacrifice my nomadic lifestyle at some point and find some place to settle down at least for a couple of decades. Where this will be depends on my partner, if I find one. It would be a joint decision.

Must haves for this place:
    1. Must be cosmopolitan
    2. Multi racial
    4. Must be a free state, with proper human rights
    5. Must be easily connected by flights to the rest of world (cos I love to travel and my family lives all over)

So that would mean it would have to be a major city like NYC, San Francisco, London, Singapore, Melbourne etc...

Now retirement is a different matter, and for that I would probably chose a university town like Cambridge...

What Guys Said 28

• 0|1
  • Settle where I am. I like the US and I love living in California.

• I don't want to settle down in any country. I want to have the freedom to move around. I know a guy who is a software engineer and he can work from his laptop anywhere. He's been all over Europe and Asia. I'm working hard to do something similar. I've been settled down most of my life and now I want the rest of my life to be the opposite.

• What do you mean by foreign city? Anyways, pretty much anywhere but the Midwest, northern planes and northeast, including my hometown... Fuck that place. Fuck the cold. I just had an interview for a job in savannah, which is one of my favorite American cities, so if things go right, that's where I'll be moving pretty soon

• I don't have any specific plans in that regard... it's either where I find a good job or where I finally find my true love lol.

If it ends up being Luxembourg... cool, I like my country even if it's tiny. But should it be somewhere else then I'm fine with that too. But preferably a European country with a language I understand

• Not sure I've always planned on living here when I got married but I'm not agaisnt moving somewhere else either necessarily, honestly it's just something I would have to discuss with my future wife or with the gal in question before I got married.

• I'm happy here in Belgium even now that it has some Tunesian desert temperatures :D (34°C today!)...
    I think you live in France now? I guess many immigrants would rather stay or is that a wrong impression? :D

Yes I live in Paris for 3 years now ^^ I would rather live in Tunisia haha I just moved to Paris for University because french universities are more renowned :P

haha I just want a nice home not far from the beach and my family, that;s it, no millions , just simple joyful life :p

Yeah but you may need the millions to be independant :D
      How good are your chances of finding a job in Tunisia with your degree obtained in France?

• I have settled in where I'm from (Ontario). I tried to settle when I lived in the UK but never quite felt "home".

• Brussels is OK. I can't afford NYC, Paris or San Francisco.
    Rome would please me too.

• I want to settle down in some foreign country, probably Australia, Canada or New Zealand.

• I want to settle down in the country I live right now... which is a foreign country.

• Saudi Arabia because it’s close to Masjid al-Haram, in Mecca, destination of the annual Hajj pilgrimage.

• For work reasons I will work in London after marriage.

I won't be able to get 1/10 of my salary in another country.

After retirement (around 50-55), I will either go back to my hometown (Elbistan), or live somewhere else like New York.

• I wouldn't mind staying in New Zealand.
    I like Ireland and England too ❤️

• I am cool with where I am living, even there are terrorist attacks in every month. If I still need to choose one maybe it would be America.

Haha we even had 3 terrorist attacks in 2 years (an more operations) but I prefer it over any other place so far. We won't let the terrorists win, neither will Turkey :) !

Istanbul had at least 5 terrorist attacks in this year :D Nah they can't win anything no worries, thats what they are trying for years but still nothing.

• Canada i really wanna settle there

• California is the only place I wanna be

• I've always wanted to see the world but I'm broke so at this point in my life I'd be happy to just move out

Part of me wants to live in new yours city but I'm scared I'd end up on law and order dead lol

• Within a couple of years I'm moving to USA
    For living Europe seems an amazing place

• I want to settle down where i currently am in the united kingdom, Manchester , the houses are nice , the jobs are good and the people are tolerant , what more could i ask for.

• Denver.

• I have no idea. It could be anywhere

• i want to travel enough by 30-35 and die by then somehow

• i want to settle down in japan and make love to all the beautiful Asian women

• Berlin, Germany

• Toronto, Montreal, California, Arizona or Florida... I don't like Vancouver

• I want to settle down where I am.

• "I want to settle down in the place I live" its for best

What Girls Said 11

• I would love to settle in Manchester for a few years. Its really nice there.😍 but as fir the far future then I have no idea XD

• i love the US so I'm not leaving, unless Trump wins

• I love visiting other parts of the world but I can't imagine living anywhere other than Canada.

• I want to go back home... but there are not as much opportunities there as the US. :(
    So my actual option is New York :)

• I'd settle down in a different country, like England or France maybe. If not, I'll go to L. A. or New York

• If I live a long life, why do I have to settle down? I want to travel between my two countries, the US and Somalia.

• I don't know but I'm not that picky.

• dunno yet
    I need to try out more places

• Excellent question. I love California, but I am open to living in another country. I can still travel around to find a place I want to settle.

• I want to settle down in another city.. im living in fes.. i want to live in tetouan '' cities in morocco'' i don't want to leave Morocco.. :D i'm good here ^^ !!

haha I had a big crush on a Moroccan from Casa

I tired to get the Casa one but I was too proud and he was too wa3er XD

hahahaha i feel youuuuuuu.. Casawi people arn't eaasy

• Well I live in England but atm want to settle down in Scotland; different countries but both part of the UK. I want to go there because it's where my SO lives and would want to live. I like England a lot too though so if he would move I would be equally happy with that