What do you think of my poem?

I was trying a new writing style today. Would love to hear Gagger's thoughts :D

m. imgur. com/36YYwN7

0|0
1|9

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm no poem expert, but I've dealt with trying to write song lyrics so I know it's at least difficult. This is actually quite fantastic from my point of view. I like the repetition of the word "such--" I feel it help the flow and emphasis too. This kind of poetry one of those things I wish I could do, but alas, I lack the ability.

Personally, I feel like it's almost harder to write without a typical rhyme scheme because it leaves things more open ended. I think you pulled it off though. 👍

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow!!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Better than anything I could do lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Love the iambic pentameter
    Though I prefer the freestyle
    Absolutely great and a joy to read
    Thanks from sharing

0|0
    0|0
  • 9/10

I really like it.

But if the last bit had rhymed or half rhymed I would have give 10.

The ending of a pen is what finished the mood.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

I usually write with rhymes. For me this style sounds better without traditional rhyme schemes. But thank you!!

• 3mo

Yeah I'm sure a lot of people disagree with me.

• thats good

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't rhyme : why u no make it rhyme?

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

It's in iambic pentameter.. there's rythm in the structure. The way the syllables play off one another.. it's like a heartbeat.

• Show All
    • 3mo

Iambic pentameter is most well known by Shakespeare. If you read it allowed you'll understand more. It's the typical "da dum de dum de dum" type of rhythm.

• 3mo

@Hidden_P exactly. Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorite pieces of literature. Some of my favorite parts are written in blank verse

• pretty good! Used a different side of my brain from reading that, I'm such a numbers guy haha

0|0
    0|0
  • It was okay, you could do better

0|0
    0|0
  • Sad, very sad

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!