What do you think of my poem?

I was trying a new writing style today. Would love to hear Gagger's thoughts :D

m. imgur. com/36YYwN7

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm no poem expert, but I've dealt with trying to write song lyrics so I know it's at least difficult. This is actually quite fantastic from my point of view. I like the repetition of the word "such--" I feel it help the flow and emphasis too. This kind of poetry one of those things I wish I could do, but alas, I lack the ability.

Personally, I feel like it's almost harder to write without a typical rhyme scheme because it leaves things more open ended. I think you pulled it off though. 👍

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow!!

What Guys Said 8

• Better than anything I could do lol

• Love the iambic pentameter
    Though I prefer the freestyle
    Absolutely great and a joy to read
    Thanks from sharing

• 9/10

I really like it.

But if the last bit had rhymed or half rhymed I would have give 10.

The ending of a pen is what finished the mood.

I usually write with rhymes. For me this style sounds better without traditional rhyme schemes. But thank you!!

Yeah I'm sure a lot of people disagree with me.

• thats good

• Doesn't rhyme : why u no make it rhyme?

It's in iambic pentameter.. there's rythm in the structure. The way the syllables play off one another.. it's like a heartbeat.

Iambic pentameter is most well known by Shakespeare. If you read it allowed you'll understand more. It's the typical "da dum de dum de dum" type of rhythm.

@Hidden_P exactly. Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorite pieces of literature. Some of my favorite parts are written in blank verse

• pretty good! Used a different side of my brain from reading that, I'm such a numbers guy haha

• It was okay, you could do better

• Sad, very sad

What Girls Said 0