How do you deal with self hatred?

Whenever I feel disgusted with myself I force myself to throw up. I know it's bad but in a moment of weakness it's what I do. How do you deal when you feel hate towards yourself?

Most Helpful Guy

• i did that myself. you can either start focusing on art and talk with someone
    or write down what you feel instead of throwing up - anlyze, visualize the reasons and try to understand that. that's the first step. then do exactly the opposite of what you will normally do, you'll feel better. you have to force yourself

Most Helpful Girl

• Counseling is how I dealt with it. Despite being a straight A, athlete, polite nice girl, I was a self harmer (all sorts of stuff) for 15+ years. Cognitive behavioral therapy helped me get the dark messages I was giving myself out of control.

Under control that should say.

What Guys Said 11

• Swallow the pain and move on.

• You're going to fuck yourself up pretty badly doing that. Your esophagus, teeth, and eventually your heart if you do it often enough.

• Try to think about other things. Mostly video games. My games aren't just fun. They're keeping me sane. lol

• I used to cut myself. Recently I started literally setting my arms and hands on fire. I went to therapy. It depends on the person.

• Well throwing up is a horrible idea so you should stop.. I usually either go for a run/excerise or I just try to go to sleep

• Talk to someone and possibly get professional help

• I rebuilt myself.
    I had the technology. I made myself better than I was. Better, stronger, faster.

• Never happens

• Seek professional help

• Private message me. I went through something similar. I can help you. Please vent to me

• Wank harder.

What Girls Said 6

• Clean something to get over my initial period of anger, then do some self-improvement. I think you need to get some help though. What you're doing is punishing yourself. It's the same as cutting. Instead of vomiting. talk to a friend or a relative you trust. Avoid the internet and places like this, because there are sick people that will just try to make you feel worse about yourself.

• I used to cut myself. Now I draw.

As a side note, please don't do that. It fucks up your insides. Definitely not worth it in the long run.

• I shift my focus to almost anything else.

• I focus on other people and get out of my head.

• I don't hate myself... in any way.

• Well, I absolutely hate throwing up (almost more than anything). I cut myself instead. Pick your poison, right?