Do you act more, or less, confident than you really are?

Are you more like...Do you act more, or less, confident than you really are?

Or the opposite? Acting less confident than you really are for fear of being seen as conceited?

• I act very confident but I'm secretly very insecure
  • I act more confident than I really am
  • I act like I'm confident, and I am
  • I act like I'm insecure, and I am
  • I act like I'm neither confident nor unconfident, and it's the truth
  • I act LESS confident than I really am... I don't want to be seen as conceited
  • I'm pretty confident but act very insecure
3mo Update
3mo Update 3

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember I had an argument with this eastern woman named "Samar" once. A beautiful woman. Long black curled bair and light brown, maybe hazel eyes.. anyway she told me her argument, then I told her mine. I was really confident of my argument being correct and she noticed that. She said "my aren't we confident today?" To which I replied "i'm confident everyday." My argument was incorrect but I still had the confidence to share it with others. Plus the woman never found out I was incorrect, so I guess you could say I was correct after all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Somewhere in the middle. The third last option. When I'm with new people I'm a bit on the quiet side and might sound insecure, but when I'm with my friends, I'm one of those loudmouths

What Guys Said 36

• i guess i act confident. i don't really think about it. i guess i'm a confident person. again i don't really think about it

• I think A fits me very well. I act confident - sometimes to the point of me not actually knowing whether I'm acting or not. But I'm a sad insecure fuck.

• I voted C. I'm a VERY confident person, and I absolutely refuse to water down my confident vibes because others are insecure or intimidated.

Better to be considered over-confident and arrogant, than to be considered insecure and weak. Especially as a man.

• I'm very confident, but I still act more confident than I am, since that will help me keep getting more confident.

• I tend to act more confident than I really am. Throughout my teen years and into early adulthood I was plagued by depression and absolutely crap self-esteem. I have found, through my years, that portraying confidence breeds confidence. Also focusing on things I liked about myself as opposed to the things I hate. The portraying confidence is because people will react positively to it, and that helps with the self-esteem, which helps with the actual confidence.

• It's usually better if people underestimate you on first glance. Thus I rarely ever show of and get underestimated.

• Can't say I think about myself that often. It's just me lol
    I'm indifferent to myself.

• I have a self deprecating sense of humor that people often misconstrue as insecurity.

• People who aren't all that confident can't really ACT more confident than they are if they're not even confident to begin with. But people who ARE can act less, yeah.

• Why do you always ask questions like if you are our psychologist? No i dont act more confident than i am, thats fake. I just act as confident as i am.

• I act confident in my posture, manner of talking but on the inside I'm kinda less confident. That's something I try to work on

• Im just chillin, there will be days i am one or the other.

• I'm just genuine. I'm me. I don't act.

• used to be a both of an act and insecure and that ruined some friendships and possible relationships. now i got myself on track and people just respect me more

• I really don't give a fuck

• i just be myself

• It's not called being cocky if those are facts

• I like to be underestimated.

• Neither, really. I am just the way I am.

• I act more confident than I really am, but I do that to be humorous.

• less.

• "the best part about me, is that I'm me, and not you." -EMINEM

• I act confident because I am but in some situations I'm not confident so I fake it till I make it

• I don't really act confidently, but I can be confident if the situation calls for it.

• The girl in the first picture looks hot.

• I do act normal but i have over confidense. people don't like it so i act normal.

• It depends on the time and place and the people. For my answer

• Is that you in that pic? (You are so damn beautiful)

• you my pussy

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 23

• Sometimes you just have to to fake it until you make it.

• I have days when I'm very very insecure and I act insecure. I also have days (more days) when I'm very confident but I act modestly confident. Oh yes, but I do act EXTREMLY confident and arrogant around people I don't like or who are judging me.

• Depends on the situation - I'm confident regarding some things, but in others - not so much.

• I think I portray the level of confidence that I feel for any given situation; it's not acting.

• I'm pretty much honest about it.. if I'm feeling confident I act that way, if I'm not I act neurotic.

• hmm tricky question. i have my ups and downs. i would say generally i act bery confident when im usually insecure.

however, im not good at taking compliments so i probably appear pretty insecure in that aspect

• I think I act around about as confident as I really am, sometimes more or less so.

• I have been told that i seem arrogant. Even though on the inside i always feel like a failure so yeah.

• I have confidence in my insecurity. "I'M UGLY AND I'M PROUD!"

We should get married and reproduce U-G-L-Y kids together 💍

• Im insecure, and I let it be known. Getting complimented makes me feel sick, because in my mind I think they are lying. I do not see the appeal in myself.

• I act more confident than I am really are

• I definitely don't want to be seen a narcissist 😎

• I am insecure and I actually am. People think I'm faking but I'm not. :/

• neither i'm up n down

• I keep a lot of things to myself, let's put it that way

• Vote B... especially for all things work related.

• Either the last or 2nd to last, in my mind.

• d-f depending on the day

• marina represents me

• I am a very confident female. In fact I am so confident I even go out wearing clothes.

• I act eh sometimes but I'm pretty self-assured.

• I think I tend to act less confident, my biggest fear is to come off as self centered and conceited.

• I'm confident but quiet. Some have misunderstood that as insecure and I'm not. I feel good.