How can a woman give birth to a child and then kill him/her?

All of the older relatives in my family never forgot the Andrea Yates case. That was the texas mother that killed all of her 5 children by drowning them (the oldest was 7 years old). I can't imagine the horror as he was running from his mother and must have probably screamed along with asking her mother at that moment ''what are you doing mom'' a bunch of time.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/crime-courts/article/Andrea-Yates-Rusty-Yates-5567726.php

I still can't imagine giving birth to a child, going through all that pain, risking my health just so my offspring can be born and then just go kill him/her. At most, give him/her up for adoption if you don't want to raise your kids anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• A failed form of existence. Pure garbage no different than Hitler or Stalin. When the world can come up with a way to get rid of garbage like her it will be a better place to live in.

Most Helpful Girl

• God I read a case recently of a mum who killed both her children, and I just wanted to cry and I was angry. I don't understand how people can do that!

If you're depressed or even hate your child, get rid of it, give it to someone, anything is better, put it up for adoption, whatever.

What Guys Said 10

• mental health issues can make people do some crazy f*cked up stuff that seems unthinkable

That's why emergency hotlines and adoption services are for. She had those options if she started noticing signs of being unstable and didn't want to be a mother anymore.

i'm not excusing the behavior just explaining saying how a person can resort to that. there are resources for everything. the simple fact is that mental health can be so bad that a person can't, won't or it doesn't even dawn on them to seek help.

maybe she didn't notice the signs or wasn't of sound enough mind to realize that the thoughts were abhorrent and she needed help.

of course if she had those feelings she should've done something else... mental health issues can be very scary to consider how inhuman they can make a person act. my wife worked with paranoid schizophrenics. one person pulled a gun on her because she thought my wife drank all her diet pepsi. now my wife had just knocked on the door to visit and check in so all the logic in the world would suggest that there is no way she could've drank the pepsi right? mental health can and often leads to very very irrational thought

it's disgusting. i can't imagine ever feeling anything that would make me want to drown my child. and like you said if i felt that i'd definitely do something to help my situation rather than killing my daughter

• She was crazy. Should have gotten the death penalty.

• I can tell you how they can do it:

First she brings a new child into this world.
    Then she kills said child.
    Simple as that.

Any questions?

• eh lets just call it late term abortionl. women early abort all the time. not much of a difference.

• She had lost her mind by that point.

• You're allowed to kill your children in the womb. Killing them outside the womb isn't a huge jump.

• Extreme mental illness.

• If a child kum outta ma azz, ima die instantly. That i can assure u ✋🏼

• its a woman. everything is to be expected. greatest erotic loves can turn and twist into greatest hatreds and madness in their minds... .

• she is monster @F_M

I find that not guilty by reason of insanity pathetic. She deserved life in prison.

What Girls Said 8

• It's mental health issues and psychological problems. Its a lot more to that subject, but I will not get into that. It is possible of familial abuse going on with her as well as genetic.

• She had a mental disorder, so she didn't know what she was doing. Had she of been sound in mind then she'd deserve provision, but she didn't know what she was doing. You do know people with mental illnesses don't know they have them normally, so it's not really her fault she didn't get help. Plus as far as I know she was on medication for depression which can make it worse so that's probably another factor as to what it happened

• That's murder.

Yeah, capital murder. It should have either been death penalty or 5 consecutives life sentences.

• Hope she's sentenced to death

She wasn't. After another trial, they found her not guilty due to insanity and she's now in a mental health facility. Pathetic.

She should have either gotten sentenced to death or to 5 consecutive life sentences (at least by that, she would be rotting in prison forever, as a reminder of what she did).

Wtf.. she killed those kids!!!

• When your mentally fit to think straight sure we all can say what we would had done in that situation but that because that never happen to you. Until it does you can't really say what you would be doing.

• I have no idea. I can't comprehend it.

• A sudden chemical imbalance of the brain, chemical imbalance is the cause of depression, anger issues, anxiety etc..

• She was mentally Ill and just snapped I guess.