Have you ever had sleep paralysis?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to have it a lot in my early to middle 20's.

I am not sure when the last instance of it has been. I've even had a few cases of it as recently as a couple years ago.

The last instance I can remember, I was being spoken to telepathically by the Independence Day Alien, and it spoke the words, "Aliens are destroying your people."

I think it was referring to "Illegal Aliens" even though I saw a space alien character from a movie.

Correction.

There was another one a few months ago, but what happened there is too convoluted and personal to talk about I guess.

To clarify how this works for me:

Some of these are bad dreams about bad things, some are good dreams about bad things, and some are good dreams about good things.

Sometimes they are prophetic.

Sometimes they are lies.

Sometimes they are truths.

Not everything that is uncomfortable is bad or evil, nor is everything that feels good truly good.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes but then again I have traumatic brain Injury and have had three past strokes from brain aneurysms. I've also had spinal injury and had major back surgeries as well as been in and out of a wheelchair more than once. So for me it is freaky but to be occasionally expected. Last Night though I had the opposite. I was sleeping my fire alarm went off. I went to get up and suddenly a crackle I heard and searing pain. But I made myself get up, and get out of the house. Luckily it was a false alarm.

There are a few other medical conditions that can cause this problem. Some bug bites or ticks can cause it, a few neurological conditions, and a problem with head injury of some sort. Only way to know for sure is to go see your doctor and have them run some tests. Normal healthy people shouldn't be having this problem. Though in rare cases a psychological state can induce this. Also at least one date rape drug can cause this. If you have weird memory or aren't sure ask your doctor to run a test for it if it is still close to when you experienced the paralysis. The date rape drug in question is normally an anesthetic and it can also cause memory loss as well as full body paralysis. But generally you still feel touch but can't speak or move. Most people almost feel like they are in a dream. Unlike chloroform which you may loose some memory but it makes you feel like vomiting or dizziness and a messed up sense of smell sometimes. Special K (ketamine) may cause some of these symptoms.

What Guys Said 10

• yes I do. usually when I am in the car sleeping though. I think it is because the car is a little bit uncomfortable to fall asleep and so it is easier to access that state where your mind has paralyzed your body but you are still aware all the things going on around you

• Nope can't say I have

• Yes, used to have it quite a lot when I was 17-21, but I haven't had it in years, thankfully.

• yes when i was a kid i had

• No but it seems scary to have

• Is that when you nut in your sleep? JK!
    ummm, yeah a few times when I was a kid, its scary af

• i trained myself to wake myself when it happens

• Scary ass shit. Yes..

• yah scary shit!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 16

• OMG!! I think so, @gingerbread1995, and there is Nothing worse than This here, dear.
    I will be almost "Half awake" and as I Try to Open my eyes, I can't. As I "Fight" to even Move, I can't and it "Hurts" to Force myself to Open my eyes and Move my own head, to the Point... Where I have Already told my Brain I am having a Heart attack and that I probably will Die.
    It usually Happens if I am taking a Cat nap. However, not when I am in for a Long nite's Sleep.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

I heard its like an entity on top of u trying to suffocate u and pin u down so u can't move

@Keyspirit lol!!! Why are you even here right now? Let me Invite you to a Real HONEY of a Party.. wait I will send to you. xx

Gotta share dem giner too or i won't kum ;P

• Yes, I get it here and there.

• Yes, the first time was very scary I was asleep in the car and then it came on, I opened my eyes and the clouds outside were red and my dad in the passenger seat turned around with a scary demon face and said something like "I'm going to get you" 😐 thankfully I soon woke up

• Yes, I have. I used to have them a lot. I actually had one the other day. In this one I couldn't move, their were many voices, and I could see myself laying in the darkness of my room. I prayed, and soon I woke up.

Also correction there* damn auto correct 😕

• I have and omg it was so scary, I can't even tell you how bad it was but now I know how to wake up when I have one

• Yes, everyone does. Your brain literally paralyzes your body during your sleep cycle to keep you from acting out your dreams.

• yea sometimes

• Yes. Scariest shit ever.

• Yes, once

• I've had it a few times. The scariest one is when I felt like someone was on top of me choking me. I remember trying to say, "get off" and was struggling to move. I was pretty panicked until I realized what happened.

• I used to get it almost every night but I don't get it as often as that anymore

• I did when I was on neuronton, but I dont take it anymore so I dont have it anymore

• Yes but only when I sleep on my back for some reason

• Lots and lots when I was a kid.

• That hasn't happened to me yet.

• yeah it's happened a few times