Does it bother anyone else when guy's use the phrase "getting girls"?

My group of friends and I were talking, and they said if I put myself out there, I'd definitely be able to "get girls." Just hearing that made me really upset, it sounded like to me, they viewed girls as property and ranked themselves higher amongst one another according to who got more girls. Am I overreacting?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree, that bugs me too. Particularly when guys on this site ask questions like "how do I get a girl?" They're just thinking about it in completely the wrong way. You don't get a girl like you get a new TV. You wait until you meet a girl you really like/are attracted to, then decide you want to spend more time with her.

Seriously? Well does it bother you that there are bunch of girls asking questions like "How do I get a boyfriend?" Because I doubt a single guy gives a shit about that.

@Maik567 Yes that bothers me too, and I usually tell the female asker the exact same thing here. Try again.

Congratulations then, you are the only one who is offended.

Most Helpful Guy

• its not property, its a sense of belonging. if you get together with a girl you belong to each other. if the goal is a relationship then you belong together for the entire relationship, if you do a one night stand, then you belong together just one night. thats how i see it. getting girls is a better phrase than getting pussy i personally think. but i also think that getting together with girls is the best phrase for it.

What Girls Said 2

• Its just a phrase. Don't overthink things that people say so much. I honestly think that people shouldn't take offense to something unless offense is actually intended.

• No you're not overreacting, you actually have respect for women unlike those guys. I think it does meant that way when a guy use that term.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes you are overreacting and you're being ridiculous. "getting a girlfriend" "getting a boyfriend" That's common terminology people use. Or are you bothered if a girl talks about getting a girlfriend? Does that mean she sees guys as property or rank themselves higher? No it doesn't, honestly you need to stop over analyzing every single thing people say.