Is it bad to download paid music for free?

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, yes.

I used to think it's okay until I tried to produce music myself. I realized how much hard work it is. You spend so many hours just to make a basic track. It requires so many days to remaster the track. Producers and singers spend countless of hours in finding new plug-ins, instruments, lyrics etc.

After you do a lot of hard work, you get a satisfaction when it's completed. Now, you just want to share your work with others and want to get credited and rewarded for your hard work, but then you realise that nobody bought your track, they are taking pleasure of YOUR hard work and you got nothing in return. This is really heartbreaking. The producer/singer loses all of his/her motivation and leaves the profession. They find another job to earn money and survive.

Songs are not that expensive either.

Oh and it's illegal too xD

Not surprising :P

Thanks :)

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah, but you can support artists way more by going to concerts and buying merchandise.
    30 Seconds to Mars made zero dollars from record sales after selling 2 million copies, because record companies are assholes.

So GO TO CONCERTS.

• It is "true" to buy music. There are options you can choose, you can choose to pay less.

• well its illegal so

What Girls Said 0