What is your thought on humans being the only ones to destroy earth itself?

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Elephants do as well and I am sure that they aren't the only animals just nothing else has managed to do it on as big of a scale as we have.

Our problem is we make no efforts to adapt to our surroundings instead we make every effort to adapt our surroundings to us.

Most Helpful Guy

• Humanity sucks, but none of us actually ever chose to come into existence into this reality, world or planet. Random shit happened in the entire universe and to various atoms and matter that lead to where we are now. I really don't buy that Big Bang stuff, it's always been there with no clear start or even end. Don't buy into the whole someone or something actually "created" the beginning of the universe either. Unless you want to go into things such as we're only in some sort of simulated reality and that there are "no objects" but that's even deeper metaphysical nihilism.

And in the end it won't really matter either way whether we save this planet or it's ecosystem as we'll all eventually die regardless of what we do.

Either a supervolcano, a big asteroid, another ice age or something from climate change or some serious incurable and contagious pandemic virus and not necessarily Zombie virus, it could be something like some deadly well-engineered Biological Weapon that had gotten lose and lost control such as "Captain Tripps" superflu virus represented in Stephen King's "The Stand" and then we're all pretty much done for and ancient history forever, regardless.

Nuclear War scenario may also be a possible extinction scenario as well, but I think there is enough fallout shelters to post-pone the inevitable for quite a good amount of time.

What Girls Said 1

• I think the majority of us are greedy and dumb as hell :)

basically that we'd deserve it kind of, we're that bad party guest that just trashes Earth's house and like, doesn't use a fucking coaster. IT'S RIGHT THERE FRANK. WHY WOULD YOU PUT IT BESIDE THE GODDAMN COASTER. FUCK!

Trump will help us all though don't worry

Oh yeah, we're totally fucked.

What Guys Said 8

• you see "destruction" of something implies that there is a state in which earth is "meant" to be. there is no such way though. we are part of nature and whatever we do to the planet is natural. in the end us humans will fade anyway just like the planet and the solar system alltogether. it doesn´t matter in the slightest in the grand scheme of things.

Pretty much, the ultimate "truth" is "Emptiness".

None of us or any matter or object whether it is conscious, living or not is absolutely forever and "Permanent".

What ever is created or made or exist won't ever actually be around and exist forever.

• Earth is overrated anyway, mars is where it's at.

Ever seen Total Recall, or played any of the "Doom" games, or watch Mars Attacks?

My point was that it really was Not that great. If you remember the "air" the colonists breathe have to be bought and is controlled by one authoritive figure who is corrupt and a big time asshole. That's why Arnold's character revolted and overthrow his authority. Cohaagen controlled the colonists there by controlling their air supply, an abusive monopoly on breathable air. And the mutations were caused by poor radiation shielding, but I think it's implied the living conditions aren't as great as many thought it would be. Of course, if you were like Cohaagen yourself then that's a whole different perspective an different story.

You wouldn't be able to survive on Mars for the long term unless the air is modified to be breathable like Earth's atmosphere somehow.

@JudgmentDay I think you could tell that I was joking.

• What about natural disasters such as earthquakes?

• I don't know about the only ones or things but we're certainly a major part of it.

• Yeah fuck all humans.

• Hey!
    What about the Chinese?
    Hehheh... That's a bit rude actually, I apologise.

• The root of the whole problem is the failure of the human psyche. He became his own worst enemy and if don't destroy himself some thing will come along and finish mankind off.

• Human beings are parasites when you think about it.