Why do peopel think its wrong for a 16 year old and a 24 year old to be together when they aren't sexyal?

Like why is it so weird or wrong like me and him are in love he doesn't try to get to to sleep with him he respects me we relate because I'm mature and so is he. Like we are happy he doesn't try to harm me he only loves me and protects me... why is that so wrong

Most Helpful Guy

• Because realistically every youth feels the same way as you do, but they don't rationally know just how bad--bad can become when they forget they are really still just a child and the person you're dealing with is an adult. If you were out on your own, separated from your parents and you were living as an adult, paying your own debts... et cetera, then be what comes you would be in a position to make your own mistakes and live with the consequences, but you aren't.

In my experiences, I've met and known individuals who have gone to court and separated themselves from their parents and were living in the world as an adult and had no safety net to catch them when a situation got tough; they couldn't fall back on the excuse they were just a child.

Can you suggest the same? Are you living on your own, under your own roof, subject to no other authority but your own? See this is why people believe it is wrong, in my opinion, because you aren't an adult or living as an adult yet, you are a child, therefore they are treating you as a child in need of protecting, and it is not for this male to do that, because despite your statements you aren't sexual together, that's really not the point.

If he truly cared for you and loved you, then he would recognize this, because he is old enough to know better and should wait until you are of an age to proper court and get to know. And when you are together, there should be a chaperone to stay off the perception that either of you are doing something improper. He should be protecting your reputation as well as he desires to protect you physically.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm boys that age are horny. He eventually might want to see if he can get you down that path. Also he is a fucking adult, meaning you might be a little green still (naive). Guys only date younger girls for these reasons, manipulation, having her do whatever he wants, sex, they might can't get a real woman who won't put up with their shit so they look for younger girls. Everyone thinks they are mature until you're around all his friends and you can't drink because you're not 21 and you can't have a stimulation conversation, besides snapchat and Instagram.

Hun I get alone with teachers better then class mates

Teachers that doesn't mean anything, because they are teachers. That's like someone saying, "I'm the best my mom tells me so all the time" I say 21 is good because a 21 year is still immature

What Guys Said 12

• Because 16 year olds are children that are completely clueless. Many of them wrongly believe they are mature even.

• Every 16 year old think that they're mature. It's wrong for adults to date children, but I don't blame the child for it.

• The idea is that you, being a 16 year old girl, can't control yourself and him, being a 24 year old man, is obviously (obviously) looking to control people and abuse that control. So, with those two things in mind, your man is obviously (OBVIOUSLY) going to try to make a move and since you obviously (OOBVIOUSLYYY) have no control of your own actions, it would all be his fault.

• Because ur 8 years a part and im shure it won't last. concidering your other relationships. you can think ur mature but ur only 16 what experiance do you have? do you even know what love is?

• It's not the age gap , it's the law that stipulates instead. Unless you're in the UK

• Society has rules yo. Go back 100 years.

Actually this age thing wasn't a big issue until recently.

@HeWhoPonders Your right, for some reason i feel like we live so far off in the future lmao

• It could stem from the fact that its taboo for 2 people with a big age gap dating... especially when the older one is the male... that would not be seen as something "normal"to most folks because people will assume he will take advantage of you

• It's illegal, that should be a big red flag.

• Because of your lack of experience they fear you are more vulnerable to be hurt.

• Because it's taboo

• It's not always legal depending where you live so it's also frowned upon because of the age that you are at now not the gap

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• The answer is simple you are not old enough to give consent. If your boyfriend and you planned on having sexual relations your boyfriend could go to jail for statutory rape. I understand that you may have strong feelings towards eachother and "love" eachother but a 24 year old and a 16 year old have a very different mind set. Take my advice when I say do what's best for you do not rely on this man to make you happy. If you're meant to be together great, it will work out. But understand being physical is a huge part of a relationship to men and grown women. At some point you're going to be asked for something you may not be ready for. Don't put yourself in that situation. If you do make sure both of you are tested and checked , use a condom and be sure you are taking every possible precaution.

I'm virgin I don't need to be tested

Don't ask a question if you don't want the answer. I promise you any 24 year old man is not going to wait 4 years to have sex. He is either seeing someone else or he is interested in young women. Under the law you are a child.

Don't fucking say he's cheating because he isn't he's to busy messaging me every second of the day to be cheating on me

• You do know just because you and some pedo say you're "mature" doesn't automatically make you mature, right? That's like a person saying "I'm the hottest person on the planet", meanwhile, they've got both a butter face and a butter body. Just because he seems like he's not after your young snatch now doesn't mean you won't fuck up at some point. Why not just wait until you're 18 and an adult? If you do fuck up you could either get him jail time, labeled as a sex offender no matter what the age of consent laws state because shit like that happens sometimes, or you could end up a teen mom. There's also the fact that you can't support yourself financially yet to handle any accidental mishaps on your own.

P. S. The fact that you have to ask this question even though the answer is obvious is proof that you're not thinking clearly and without any form of maturity.

• Maturity and life experience difference. You may be mature for your age but you should be no where near his maturity and if you are that's an issue.
    A few questions
    Why is he with me and not someone more his age?
    If he is, why is he seemingly as mature as me?
    What does he want from me?

• Because you are a minor?

• I doubt it's your "maturity" that he likes so much.

• Well good luck spelling your kid name.

• I hope his grammar and spelling is better than yours... I thought I was mature at your age too. Now I realise I wasn't, maybe a little mature for my age but not to the level I thought. You'll realize one day.

• Because that's technically rape.

Not unless he fucks me which I'm a virgin and he knows its not going to happen

Hun I've worked every night this week til midnight then didn't go to bed til 2am because I was doing homework then woke up at 6am everyday and went to school maybe give me a little slack and plus don't hate on my spelling that's part of my learning disability

I'm sorry, but you're just a kid. We're the same age and I understand the fact that I'm just a kid. Honestly most kids make really terrible stupid ass decisions. You may think you guys are in love but you're only 16 and you're young and dumb. Teenagers make terrible decisions.