Do you think it's bad I think a man should hit a woman back?

I have been thinking this over and over, and i a firm believer that if a woman hurts a guy or assaults a guy then he has the right to hit her because that would be self defense to get away from her and not intentionally hurt her. If she gets hurt then it's her own because she assaulted him first. Do you think it's bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think anyone should be hitting anyone else at all.

And it honestly worries me that you've been "thinking over and over" about how to find ways to hit women.

What do you mean? it worries me because it is a unfair double standard some people hold against guys, i believe in equality in this context.

Honey you obviously don't understand what you're saying or what anyone else is saying go sit down and educate yourself.

Don't worry i am educated enough. I think your last comment describes you perfectly. As you can see not everyone thinks like you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why don't people just keep their hands to themselves to begin with? It's a common thing to teach children and yet adults can't seem to understand it.

Some guys seem obsessed with the idea of getting an excuse to hit women.

Hitting back is more like revenge or punishment and that's out of bounds in my opinion.

@jacquesvol You are right, i am VINDICTIVE but at best you can blame the man for being equally wrong, but you CANNOT blame him MORE than the woman.

What Girls Said 18

• The eye for an eye concept is by all means technically "fair", but it doesn't mean that it's what you should do or how you should handle a situation.

Ideally, no one should hit anybody, for any reason, but in the event that it happens your response for legal reasons would be to only hit her back if you had to defend yourself. If she slaps you for no good reason does she in sense deserve to be hit back? Yes, but do you know what that does?

Makes you not only just as bad as her, but now you've both violated the law, and both of you can get in shit, and you know how it'll look if she turns around and claims you hit her first.

If you need to defend yourself, then defend yourself, but ultimately non-violent alternatives tend to work out better if they are achievable.

• There is nothing wrong with defending yourself as long as the force you use is reasonable. Like, if a woman is hitting you, it's ok to restrain her hands or push her away, but not to punch her as hard as you can in the face... like, you shouldn't be aiming to hurt or cause injury, just to get her to fuck off.

Yeah, using reasonable force. I can't imagine restraining someone who i don't like tough, i would probably just shove her aside, but i would do the same to a guy.

• I get what you're trying to say, but self defense isn't really the same as hitting back. Hitting in general is just plain wrong. A guy hitting another guy is wrong. Girl hitting girl is wrong. Girl hitting a guy is wrong. So I think when you say it should be okay for guy to hit a girl (whatever the reason) it just sounds so wrong. Think about it. Especially since guys are generally much stronger, it's not really a fair fight right?
    The problem with this is that people are usually okay with a girl hitting a guy (I'm definitely not) and that's the problem. People should say girls shouldn't hit guys instead of saying guys should be able to hit back. Come on, saying it should be okay to hit just sounds bad

I guess what you say is true, but then again what about a stronger man hitting a weaker man? to me that is the same as fighting a woman for obvious reasons. I think if she is violent then she can only blame herself for getting hurt.

Lol I see, it's human instinct to fight back, especially in today's world tough.

The world has always been tough and always will be. From what I've learnt in biology I believe there is a fight or flight moment before you respond to an attack. You decide whether toe fight or flight. Train yourself to pick flight, the world will be a better place if people stop responding with violence

• Nope.

• Only if it is in Self Defense, @Mr. Detemined xx

• I agree. I saw a movie where a female was beating the guy with a pan and kicked him in the genitals and all he did was pinned her down. He was a true gentleman and very sweet, but come on.

• Not I agree

• I believe a man has a right to defend himself. The reason why this is so controversial is because naturally a male is stronger than a female physically.

• Lol. Guys who generally worry about this would never hit a man back especially a bigger man.

• This question was asked a 100 times.

Everyone has the right to hit back when they're attacked regardless of genders.

• See tbh, I agree completely. Self defense is self defence, domestic violence is domestic violence, you have the right to protect yourself against anyone

Asker writes: "I have been thinking this over and over,"
      in my opinion that's problematic.

@MrDetermined
      I wouldn't hit someone weaker. I'd just fend them off.
      My best guess why others would do it: revenge or punishment for daring to fight them.

@jacquesvol that's what I'd do

• yeah it is bad.

However, if he is getting attacked, he should defend himself

• Of course not. Self defense is a right everyone has.

• I mean, duh. Self defense.
    I'm a girl and I agree.

• I think men should be able to defend themselves

• Both are wrong but!
    If she hits a guy she should expect to get hit back.

• Self defense. Girl or not. Self defense.

• Sorry but no. Women are too precious to be hit. Keep your hands to your self

I don't think anyone is more "precious" than someone other. Sorry, but that seems like complete BS to me.

@bobbyxx She was raised in the la la land. Leave her be.

How pathetic... don't lay your hands on anyone else if you're so "precious" then and you won't get your perfect little face messages up. Anon as well... lol

What Guys Said 13

• 1. I have a mindset against raising my hand on women, children (even for corporal punishment) & old people
    2. But yes if someone poses mortal danger to me then I'll do what it takes to defend myself
    3. Best would be I'd use restraining measures cause most times the man winds up being physically more powerful
    4. However if she is trained in some sort of martial arts or is more powerful then use of further force may be required
    5. Luckily thus far I've not needed to go to that extent

I think it depends on the person, i personally have no sympathy for the attacker, i agree that children shouldn't be hit tough because they can't be help responsible for their actions, women on the other can.

I say it depends on the situation 😊
      Children shouldn't be hit at all.

Yeah, i agree with you.

• Self defense is ok for the man if a woman hits him, BUT FOR equal force is important.

Punching her in the nose, after she punches your arm, is too much.

If she has a cast iron pan or a knife and lunges at you, THEN a full on face punch is warranted.

• Two wrongs don't make a right! You simply lower yourself to her level. protect yourself, by all means, but don't hit back.

• Girls are out of control these days because they rarely face justice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMtcNZ3cVG4

• No, it's right. Women have this preconceived notion that the world revolves around them and that their actions shouldn't have consequences. If they want equality they're going to get every bit of it from rights to fists.

• I know im faster so id just run around her or run away lol

• If she's really a threat to him it's permissible.

• yes, if she hits a man he should land some good blows.

• You hit anyone in this world, expect to get hit back. Period.

The "men shouldn't hit back because they're stronger" argument is invalid. That's the same as saying if a smaller man hits me, I can't hit him back.

• Self defence is self defence, doesn't matter the gender.

• I can think of better ways to defuse these types of situations, but if it's self defense, I can't object.

• Yes good on you. I would hit women back. More than once.

• It's not bad at all. Serves her right.