Do you regret that you were born?

My question has nothing to do with suicide for those who can not read in between the line's. We didn't have a choice in the matter to be here. Life can be beautiful, yet a bit overwhelming and everyone experiences the up's and downs. But if you had the option to go back and decide yourself would you want to go through it all again or be non existent? And nope you can't opt for a different life, but the same exact one you have today!

• Yes, I'd opt for an exit.
  • No, I'm fine with what I have/who I am.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think life is a blessing and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I could be going through the worst time in my life and I would still keep my head up and want to be here.

If only everyone else could think like that😯 I'm not judging though. Thanks for answering.

Well said! Life isn'-t always easy but i am born because I believe God wanted me to exist and i try to be happy about that

What Guys Said 27

• 1|0
  • To be? Or NOT To Be? That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And, by opposing, end them. To die, to sleep- No more-and by a sleep to say we end The heartache and the thousand natural shocks That flesh is heir to-'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep-To sleep, perchance to dream. Aye, there's the rub!
    For in that sleep of death what dreams may come, When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, Must give us pause. There's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life. For who would bear the whips and scorns of time, Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely, The pangs of despised love, the law’s delay, The insolence of office, and the spurns
    That patient merit of the unworthy takes, When he himself might his quietus make With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear, To grunt and sweat under a weary life, But that the dread of something after death, The undiscovered country from whose born No traveler returns, puzzles the will And makes us rather bear those ills we have Than fly to others that we know not of?
    Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their currents turn awry, And lose the name of action.

To exist or Not to exist that is the question. If I had knew then how my life would have played out and who my parents were going to be then I would have to choose Non-Existence. I very much would RATHER be able to CHOOSE HOW I EXIST AND WHAT I EXIST AS, as in WHAT MATTER I'M CONSISTING OF (rather be and consist something else other than Blood, Flesh, and Bone). If i get to be something that is highly intelligent, self-sustaining, completely independent, with little to no vulnerabilities UNLIKE how all Organic Life that is made out of and consists of highly vulnerable and temporary physical forms made out of Blood, Flesh, Bone and LIMITED SEVERELY by Genetics, DISTRACTED SEVERELY by Desire, then I would have no problem with my existence. Ideally I would rather have been an intelligent being that is completely without any Pain, Suffering and incapable of of Ever Dying and Disappointments, I'd therefore would be an Extraterrestrial of some kind if I was ever able to pick and choose how I should and would exist in the very first place, otherwise I rather have never existed.

• I don't think life is painfully difficult but I don't think it's that fulfilling or enjoyable either. I think I would have preferred to not exist.

• There is no going back.. We are all dealt the hand that was given to us. I believe that the overwhelming times and the ups and downs also add to the beauty of life itself :) We are privileged to not only be here, but also to be able to voice our concerns, opinions, and feelings. I've been through the wringer most of my time here, like you wouldn't believe, but still consider myself fortunate.

Agreed my good jolly fellow, I have the same mentality. I was just curious to find out if I'm not the only crazy person😂 thanks for answering boo!

Bout damn time you got around to me.. I was about to call bullocks and right before tea time! Hmmm, maybe you are crazy because you wondered if you were the only one just to learn from other crazies that you're not.. Hehe my crazy boo (insert kiss smiley thing here because someone never taught me)

• No complaints :D
    If I hadn't been born I wouldn't be having these interesting discussion with people like you so... happy guy here :D

Awwwwww shucks stop trying to butter me up HANS😋😚

Lol ughhh damn auto correct is ruining my self lol.* you just had to fudging ruin it didn't you* is what I meant and well I'm not going anytime soon, but I'm glad to know I'm appreciated sweet pea😊

You are, for sure :D
      Nice people like you, with a good sense of humour, are what we need here :D

• I had no choice in it. My life is a gift to me. Why, how could I regret it?

• Do I regret being born yeah sometimes, but I don't feel like killing myself.

• Nope

I was assembled

• Not existing would be disappointing.

• Nope not at all I am very glad I was born.

• I didn`t, but then I saw this question.

• i would go for an exit asap.
    i do regret

But why?😭

because the life problems i had and having i regret it too much. and specially what i've been through im sure a lot of bad and worst times will come again thats why

• I love to live i feel so alive.

• Nah, I try to have a good time while I'm here.

• I don't regret a moment of my life, although I recognize the multitude of mistakes I've made.

• Exit please.

• It is great to be aliveeee!

• I'd prefer to have been born in a rich billionaires family.

• Of course not. I couldn't be more elated in life.

• i mean yeah, we all have our shortcomings and insecurities no matter how hard we try to hide them

• I love live

• are you unhappy about your life?

• I regret not being born rich.

• I was born with a rare reproductive disorder that left me with a small penis. I'm still a virgin in my mid 30s. If I could push a button and make it so that I had never been born... yeah, I'd do it.

• i regret a lot of things, but i don't regret being born, however, if i was a product of rape THEN i would regret being here

Ehhh I mean I wouldn't regret being born over that, but who am I to judge? If that was the case it's not like it was your fault you were the product of such an unfortunate event.

so why fight about it

I don't

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• Eh, I have those moments when I'd like to disappear, but I'm used to the life I'm livin', so I wouldn't go back.

• I truly like myself!!!

• Yes. I really wish my mother hadn't had me. I have social anxiety so it's hard for me to interact with people. Although I do try and for a few years I was actually okay, but with social anxiety you can have a relapse and go back to your old ways. Currently I am in that position because of something that happened in March.

With social anxiety people judge you for being too quiet or they think you're a snob. People get frustrated with me because of it. I've been called a loser because of it. My sister told me I'm am embarrassment because of it.

I'm also ugly. I look like a man instead of a woman. So people bother me about that all the time. I've never had a relationship and likely never will. One guy once told me he wouldn't be able to handle waking up to my face everyday.

I just feel like I wasn't meant to be born. I'm ugly and I don't have a personality to make up for it. Some people can have outstanding personalities to make up for their physical flaws. I've been told I'm nice but being nice only gets you so far in life. People tend to hate nice people anyway. They think they're fake.

The only things I have going for me is that I am a hard worker and I don't quit. I'm doing everything I can to build myself a nest egg. I put in hours of overtime. My hard working and ambition is probably the only two good things about me. When I want something, I won't quit until I get it.

I would never kill myself (I don't feel I have a reason to anyway, even if I shouldn't be alive) because my dad killed himself when I was six. I would never put my mother and sister through that because it would be cruel.

I basically just try to fulfill my life without having people in it.

• i don't regret that i was born, i just would have done a lot of things differently. i feel a lot of regret now, so i can only imagine how much regret i'll feel later down the line.

• Sometimes

• I've had some really bad times, but I am thankful to have been born.

• Sometimes I feel like it'd be better to not exist at all in this faked up world where everyone misunderstands you

Me and you both sister😕 I love life, but I get those moments where I think to myself "Damn, I didn't even ask to be here"but that's just me being a brat I guess. Thanks for answering😃

Yeah. It wasn't our choice so we should live it now. And yw 😊

• Yes.

• I'm suicidal so yeah I regret being born. But if I have to regret being born for a reason it's because I regret being born into a physically and sexually abusive family

• I regret feeling like I ruined my mother's life, and I regret feeling like I'm cursed. Literally everything good in my life seems to get taken away and if this is what life is then damn, I totally would've said "nope"

• How do you regret something you have no control over?