How old is the earth?

• ~6000 years
  • 4.8 billion years
3mo Sorry I meant 4.5 billion😅

Most Helpful Guy

• You are all a part of my dream. I don't know how long I've been sleeping, but I cannot seem to wake up and strangely nobody seems to be aware this is all just my dream.
    Somebody please wake me up! I mean trump is about to be elected president, people like some skank named Kardashian, and I don't seem to be as handsome to the ladies as I should be!
    I say the earth is a few hours old but then again I may have been dreaming for a while.

Most Helpful Girl

• The question would be better phrased as "are you stupid or smart? If stupid, vote A, if smart, vote B."

What Guys Said 15

• C: Y'all Don't Know.
    The 'answer' keeps getting changed every few years (Do yo fucking research people) that I stopped trying to figure it out. An coming up with new 'explanations = excuses' as to why it's changed doesn't make them look good either. Just say your doing research to find the 'right answer' and I'll be ok with that.

• It's half it's age doubled

• Why don't you ask mother earth? lol :-P

• 21 years old.

• Atheists are the most gullible group of people on this earth. they will believe anything

• Still a teenager with mood swings.

• It's actually 4.40 billion years.

• the question is based on do you believe in holy books or not i suppose. 4.5 billion years ofcourse.

• It's definitely B

• 4.8 billion years , i think

• Are you atheist :DD

Being smart enough to realize that the Bible isn't literally true doesn't disqualify you from believing in God.

@JenSCDC The Bible is nonsense

Most of it is nonsense but not all- there's archeological evidence that supports some of the accounts in Kings.

• Time is relative so therefore it's not a constant

• ~6000 years

• maybe none of the two. i believe both statements are religious. even science standard opinion is flawed. could be 50.000 year or 50 million. we dont exactly know.

What makes you think the science behind radiometric is flawed?

@JenSCDC i don't know. i'm a bit sceptical about this one. is this really the place for this? i think it is not actually... .

its a quite secular and chit-chatty "light" place, for investigations like these i think... .

• The fuck?

What Girls Said 5

• anyone who picks the first answer, is an ignorant Dumbass.

and it's 4.5 billion actually.

The oldest such minerals analyzed to date small crystals of zircon from the Jack Hills of Western Australia are at least 4.40 billion years old.

@cchris989 sure let me just pull a dissertation on relativity out of my ass for you😒

Or you could not be a dumb And find one on YouTube, like I suggested.

All you need to know is that time changes with mass and gravity and
      So if you where standing at the centre of a black hole the universe would appear and disappear in seconds. So for you to say that the earth is 4.5 billion is actually more wrong than right because you would have to assume that earths mass and gravity didn't change for 4.5 billion years.

• Well, it's NOT 2,016! LMAO You'd be surprised how many people do think that...

• Good old Wiki be like:
    "The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%).[1][2][3][4] This dating is based on evidence from radiometric age dating of meteorite[5] material and is consistent with the radiometric ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples."

so there's your exact answer :D

• I voted for B even though it's slightly off, and you won't believe how hard I facepalmed when I saw that people voted for A.

• Wtf it's 2016 since that's our year. Ugh you guys are sooo stupid