Graffiti for Emma 🚲 ?

So I got a cute city bike today, let's just call her Emma, but bc she's secondhand & a little rusty I was thinking about changing the color of her frame using graffiti paint.
I'm just wondering whether it'll even last on the metal though? I really don't wanna ride her wearing good clothes and then find part of the paint sticking on my clothes afterwards.

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me get this straight. You humanise an object by naming it "Emma" after which you proceed to treat it like a normal object? I am no Sigmund Freud but there has to be a mental disorder in there lol

I was just kidding xD or was I? Anyway not sure what they use for graffiti but you should but car paint spray, like this one. They have it at any department store.

www.accarparts.co.uk/.../car-spray-paint.jpg

Are you sure? oO
      But isn't that like super expensive, too? T_T I don't wanna spend more on the paint than I've spent on Emma herself..

No, that one is cheap. the expensive stuff isn't sold in spray form.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just spray a clear coat over it. (Clear gloss enamel)

As a bonus, that should also prevent the painted metal from rusting, too.

Hmm but I wanted to change the color :/
      But do you think spraying clear coat over it once I've used graffiti or some other spray paint will prevent that from coming off?

Any idea where I might get this? Maybe even at a spray paint shop?

The clear coat? Yeah, just go to a paint store -- or a hobby shop -- and ask for clear gloss enamel that'd be suitable for painted metal.

What Guys Said 5

• U sure whag you consider graffiti paint lol just normal spray paint I'm guessing. You'll need to buy special paint that bonds to metal. Should be able to buy some that is spray paint.

I'll just check out the graffiti shop and ask them for advice tmr

• If it's rusty it's not a good idea to paint poor Emma.
    You should give her a sand blasting, chip off the previous layer of paint completely and then paint it. Emma will appreciate.

I guess I'll have to do that.. and yeah she'll better appreciate the hours I'm gonna spend on her!

• lol when reading the title I thought you talk about the magazine of Alice Schwarzer (I hate that woman) xD

I had no clue she even had a magazine lol

But what would you say to my actual question?

lol if you have one so close then why ask on a site where you know most replies will be useless :P

Bc it's not close and it's in fact closed today :P

• Just leave her naked 😉

• just buy aerosol spray paint

Whats the difference? And what's the chance to get that in a graffiti shop?

Lmao she does! She has the potential to be a real stunner

hey, read my new mytake lol

What Girls Said 4

• I'd clean off the rust before trying to paint. Then you can buy some spray paint and touch her up with whatever color you prefer.

• Krylon won't come off on your clothes and they have lots of colors available now.

• Dunno but post pics of it when you get it done ^^

• spray and remodel to a new. Looks good