How many times did you fail your road test?

I failed my road test for the second time yesterday! Honestly, I feel so dumb. I'm 17, I really do need my license so I could drive to work and school, but I can't get it! I keep on fucking up on the parallel parking, and yesterday, I didn't yield at a t-intersection or fully stop long enough. The instructor told my dad that he is confident in my driving, but can't pass me because of these major mistakes that could get me a ticket. He said that he's sure I'll pass the next time, but I have really bad anxiety, which makes the road test 100x harder for me. It took me about 5 tries to pass the written test, but I don't have the money to fail the road test 5 times. I already spent $200, and tbh, I'm a broke as teenager. How many tries did it take you to pass and if you can, please comment what age. 😟 (And please don't lie)

• I passed on my first try
  • I failed once
  • I failed twice
  • I failed three times
  • I failed four times
  • I failed five times
  • I failed six or more times (comment the exact number)

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the thing, once you pass it, nobody is gonna remember on how many times you didn't pass it, same applies for study tests, failed a test? No problem, you've more experience now, you'll pass it.

At work places, nobody asks for whether you did the top in your class, what subjects you aced it, what they want to see is that you've a diploma that you have passed.

The bottom line here is, don't feel depressed because you didn't pass it, just keep trying and eventually you'll pass it.

It took me 3x fails to pass it, once the expert was in a bad mood, second one looked at every unnecessary detail, third one said I drive really good, a couple of points to look after and then I'll ace it, the 4th one said 'I have no clue what other 3 had to complain about? I had nothing of the points they have written'.

You can imagine how it was for me the first 3 times, but looking back at it, I improved each time & eventually got it, nobody talks about that I failed it 3 times, knowing that I've a license is all where it counts.

So chin up and keep doing your best, eventually you'll nail it.

Thanks, I'm hoping I can get it on my third try! It's just hard not to feel like shit, because so many people get it on their first try. I'll try not to focus too much on how many times I do it.

Actually my driving instructor told me and according to my own research it's also true that more than 75% of the people don't pass the driving test during their first try.

I passed my theory test on my first try, whereas some took it at least 3 times and still didn't pass it.

Just do your best, that's what counts in the end anyway, don't be distracted by how many brag that they passed it during their first try, if they did, good for them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I pray that I will be able to pass the written exam as well as when I will get a car to learn how to drive. Overall I believe that you shouldn't rush this just because you HAVE to drive now. That is not the right attitude to have when you need to learn how to be a safe driver, not just a driver. Because in the end, you have crazy drivers out on the road who have the license legally but don't care. I lost a cousin who died by a unsafe driver. My father last year a week before my late mother passed away ended up in an accident where somebody in a Ferrari rammed into my mother's van, and it's completely totaled. It is not a joke.

Learn to be a safe driver. Your instructor believes in you and knows you can do this. Find out where you lack at as a weakness and master that while perfecting the areas you already know last. I believe that you can pass this, but change your attitude towards that. You need to look at this differently.

What Guys Said 25

• In Canada or at least in Ontario here are 3 tiers of licenses. The first is your written test ( I failed that because it was a computerised thing and I pressed the wrong button and failed by one mark or somethung, but passed the retry. Then you have to take driving lessons with an instructor, and driving classes then take the first road test whih does not include highways. If you pass the first one theen you can drive anywhere except highways, and you can drive by yourself, without parental or a person with a full license and 5 years driving experience. Then after a while you can take your full G licence and if you pass you you are a fully licensed driver

I passes all the road test. I think one of or boh ofy sisters failed one of their toad tests, but they passed after

• failed it once. back when cars had it, my car had the automatic seat belts that went on when the car engine started. but the lap belt was still manual. i forgot to strap the lap belt

• Failed it 12 times. Eventually I just decided not to do it anymore. I have a car, I don't really want a license.

• Wow, just recently this morning I had a drivers test. I failed, it was my first try.
    This system in our country is heavily fucked up. I'm sure that at least 95% of the current road drivers can't pass the test if they take it right now. You basically need to look so extensively it looks as if you're crazy.

• When I took my last driving test cause where I'm from after learners they give you a novice license for 2 years before you're eligible for a full license. Just think of it as driving with a person who's giving you directions. They are testing to see how attentive and how much you look when you drive. On my test I had an idiot almost hit my passenger side rear door and I caught it fast saving my car. The test giver went from being tense to extremely relaxed.

• Granted in the US it is generally extremely easy to pass your road test but it didn't take me more than one try.

• Passed on the first time. Barely though (I think the person said that I was 2-3 points away from failing it. Like you, I suck at parallel parking. Just get some tall yellow cones and practice with that (Garbage cans that are tall could also work).

• I actually passed mine the first time.

• I passed my Canadian car and my UK car and motorcycle tests all on the first attempt.

• passed on the first try. still took me years haha

• any girl saying she passed on her first try is a liar. we all know women can't drive

• i only messed up 1 thing, parking uphill with no curb or something with a hill.

• Passed the first time.

• I passed it on my first try
    It was kinda easy

You should try investing in lessons

• 518 times.

• NEVER FAILED

• Passed with ease on my first try.

• Passed my permit with 98% and only 2 points on my drivers test

• First try. Fuck wit me

• Don't worry! make more practice before the test.

• since when is parallel parking still a requirement to pass? I didn't have to, that's for sure

I only failed once. I hit a cone, trying to back into a parking spot, because i wasn't using my mirrors properly. I got it on the second time though. the only thing i missed on the second try was a rolling stop. They can't fail you for it, but they take points off. my dad does rolling stops all the time, and he's never gotten in to an accident

• Money talks

• i passed on my first try,, you have to be a serious retard to fail that.. its straight forward and simple

• I failed six or more times

• Once for my driver license and passed my motercycle and big truck tests first time

What Girls Said 20

• I passed on the first try, and I was 18. But now I'm in college away from home without access to a car, so it doesn't really matter if I have my license or not. But, I have anxiety as well. Try to pretend the instructor doesn't exist. Yeah, it's a lot easier said than done, but you can pretend that someone less threatening is in the car when you're practicing for the test. Or pretend you're someone else, like your dad if he's a good driver. You will pass eventually. I promise you won't be like Spongebob, ok? Best wishes!

• I passed it on my first try. but it took me a year. I really made sure I took enough classes and drove with my parents a lot. I didn't want to pay another try. Plus, where I live, if you fail 3 times you have to start everything over AND go see a psychologist. Yes you read that right. I didn't want to take that chance haha.

• I passed on my third attempt. But things are a little different over here.

• I never failed. I passed it the first time around. Good luck to you, though!

• I mean I don't wanna brag but I passed right away, and got 0 mistakes in theory 😎

• 1|0
  • Never failed it

• The written test took me 3 times. But the test in the car? I passed on my first try - the man who was testing me was very critical, or so my instructor said.

• I screwed up on a left turn the first time.

• I got my motorcycle licence on the first try. The day I went for my auto licence it was a snow storm needless to say I failed my first try.

• I passed cuz the person giving the test was a teacher amd coach employed by my high school and he was pretty relaxed about the whole thing. He had us attempt parallel parking once and that was it.

• I failed the first time Hahahah
    Got it the second time around.

• Twice haha. Third time I was like fuck this, and had a shot before my test. Sailed through it bahahaha.

• passed on my first time

• Never failed it, I passed on first test.

• I never failed. I passed on the first time.

• Passed on my first try

• Passed on my first try.

• I failed my first try.

• If you fail something so easy, you either have attention deficit disorder or anxiety disorder. Or you could just be a failure at whatever you do.