Why do YOU hate the word 'moist'?

Seems like the word to hate. But why?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's just such a nasty sounding word. Your face looks like it's grimacing at the end of the word, too.

Most Helpful Guy

• It makes me think of chocolate cake

What Girls Said 16

• Because it reminds me of middle school of the annoying chavs (generally white dumb ghetto people) calling people moist (which basically means idiot in British slang). Just the pronunciation of it just makes me go like:
    media.giphy.com/media/Gefa8ajbf6Lle/giphy.gif
    Anyways it just irritates me.

• The word "moist" doesn't bother me. I use it to describe the textures of food. As in that cake is really moist it has good flavour and its moreish. Or guys here use it to describe the wetness of a woman's pussy. "I made her nice and moist last night" lol.

• I never understood the dislike of that word. It must have some crude sexual inference. It makes me think of cake. Now the word "babe" is creepy. It sounds low class and drug culturish. I instantly dislike someone who tries to call me that. It makes my skin crawl.

• Haha it's funny that people hate words.

• huh? i love it! who hates it?

• *Cringes.* If you pair it with the word I'm really not keen on, "panties," it just sounds wrong.

• *cringe*

• nope, I don't.
    Moist reminds me of rainy weather.
    <3

• I don't. It doesn't really bother me

• I don't hate it, it's a good word. Makes me think of a moist cupcake with frosting on top.

• i don't get why people hate it

• No I have no problem with the word "moist", I don't know why people dislike it so much

• Lol I don't hate it

• Eeuughbbpphhh

• I dislike the word "coitus" more.

What Guys Said 12

• I've never hated that word. But I've seen posts on GAG where some people hate it. To me it's one of those words that sounds kind of like what it means. Maybe that creeps some people out.

• I don't understand all the hate on the word "moist". It's never bothered me one way or another.
    Now "tepid" on the other hand...

• The pronunciation never bothered me. Prolly cuz it sounds like mooist which means most beautiful in Dutch.

• So moist right now.

• Thats odd, I don't remember hating the word moist, thats news to me

• Flashbacks.

• I don't.

• i get the all the beautiful ladies M O I S T~

• I get your girlfriend moist OP

• I don't