Would you dislike someone because of their political orientation?

As long as they weren't something extreme like Nazis or something

• Yes (I'm a liberal)
  • Yes (I'm a conservative)
  • Yes (I'm neither)
  • No (I'm a liberal)
  • No (I'm a conservative)
  • No (I'm neither)
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a tough one - Say I was one view and they were another - We could decide we will never change each others mind so if we decided not to talk about anything that would cause an argument - I literally will only enter a discussion that has the potential to be constructive - If someone was very hardline a view I was against, I might find it hard to gravitate towards them but it would not be a dealbreaker unless they were way out Nazi or something.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I kind of would depending on the situation. Like if someone is racist and believes certain people shouldn't be allowed to do something because of their skin or if someone wants to descriminate based on religion, I probably wouldn't want to associate with them. I wouldn't hate them, but I do get to chose which people I have in my life, and I prefer to not have those people in my life.

What Guys Said 27

• I put "yes, I'm neither" but only those who lack the capacity to respectfully disagree and ever even consider changing their mind. I can generally spot those types quite quickly since they'll, for example, post a boatload of oppressive political memes and write endlessly about politics and argue fiercely with anyone who disagrees while cherry-picking evidence that supports their viewpoints while ignoring those that don't.

It's an understandable aspect of human nature to be biased and resistant to evidence that contradicts a view but too much resistance/stubbornness and a bit too extreme on pushing viewpoints and that character trait tends to be one of the least attractive ones to find for me in an individual.

• I am a middle of the road conservative and my girlfriend is a liberal. We try to stay away from discussing politics but we don't let that interfere in our relationship. What is important is that she is sincere in her beliefs and that she respect my beliefs as being just as important as hers.

• No it's one of those things way at the bottom of my priority list when looking for a partner.

• I wouldn't hate them but I wouldn't like their disposition when it comes to their political views (presidential candidacy and government wise) and their views on certain laws and equalities.

• I dislike militant vegans, SJW's, and feminazis. I wouldn't have anything people with normal political views.

• Nope, as long as they aren't extreme or use their views to justify racism or violence then I have no problem.

It's just best to agree to disagree. I have friends who disagree with me on a lot of things politically. It really depends on how they act about it. For example a person is like democrats are all great, everyone who is a republican, libertarian is a piece of shit is annoying as well as vice versa.

• Generally, no, but people are stupid and follow things blindly so if they say and believe shit without actually applying logic to them, yes... So like 3/4 of the people on here I kinda hate off the bat

• Nope, not a problem as long as they don't hide behind bullshit arguments and lies. I make it known if they do. Other than that no problamo.

• Im a central person. I voted for the conservatives in the last election but I have views that are leftist and rightist.

She can be left or right. I don't care.

The only thing I care about is if she's hardcore left or right wing. AKA if she's communist I don't like her. Or if she's like Donald trump and fascist.

Too much of left or right is bad. In moderation I don't csre

• The only time i wouldn't date a woman is if she was a Radical feminist, or a SJW feminist. Sorry i dont need that nonsense in my life.

• Any political beliefs, even ones that mirror my own, without educating and understanding yourself is not acceptable to me. That's how people like obama get elected.

• "extreme like Nazis"

exactly. I totally dislike anyone that would support "israel". Most disgusting nation-state in history. make the nazis look like bambi.

• Only if they were really nutty, like Ann Coulter. Although I don't think I would be attracted to her regardless of political views.

I dont think you have to worry about her. I dont think she will be calling you for a hook up or date.

Well she only has 13 best sellers. How many best sellers do you have?

@Rissyanne None, but anyone can write a bestseller pandering to idiots. I doubt she has an IQ in the top.02% like me.

• Nah their political stance alone wouldn't be enough for me to not like someone.

• It really depends on hem though. I wouldn't hate for no reason.

Though I can't understand people who are right wing minded. A lot of them are stupid, they don't see the danger that it associated with their ignorance

Agree but some just don't know any better.

• Really depends how fanatic they are about it.

• It isn't always the case, but if they're obnoxious and badly informed, then yes. I guess it's more a personality type rather than political stance that I don't like.

• I severely dislike lefties. So, yeah, would never ever date a left-leaning girl.

• Depend on their personal views.

• Yeah but in my country is a veeeeeryyyyyyy special case, here if you follow the political party "pri" you are most likely an ignorant or a familiar of a corrupted polititian

• I don't have strong or any political stances at all but if the girl does it'll make it interesting

• Depends on their political views.

• Only Nazis on my list (wanted to write that with only reading the title xD)

• Depends on their views and how vocal they are. I hate political discussions.

• What's wrong with Nazis?

The 9 million innocent people they murdered to name one thing lol.

Uh no they were real you can even visit them.

And I've seen pictures of the huts with people burnt alive, the piles of bodies and the people staving so badly that they're bodies were pretty much skeletons with skin.

@Phoenix98 --You've seen wartime propaganda. Much of which has been proven false.

• I am a Neo Nazi and I would not date a Republican, or a liberal ever

• Accidentally messes up my vote... True Florida blood right here 😂 I'm a liberal but I wouldn't dislike someone who had different opinions. I don't even fully classify myself as a liberal, but more of a moderate

What Girls Said 22

• Conservative Maybe but No Grudge Bearer nor Hater... I love my Dad who Still drinks the Kool-Aid.
    Good luck and Great question, @4465loveyou5577 xx

• Not at all. I would have to boycott half of my family otherwise :P
    I follow my father's ideology and mot of his siblings and their sons/daughters disagree with my father's (and my) ideology.

• Well politics are a passion of mine. I am a republican and I'm not going to change. With that being said... I would only be romantically involved with someone who thought like me. I could be friends with a liberal... we just couldnt talk about politics.

• Although I couldn't marry a liberal. I appreciate having open-hearted discussions but I don't think the left is even close to as "open-minded" as they claim to be. Obviously there are exceptions, but logic seems to be going out the window the further left you go. However, I'm called to love people and their good intentions, however misguided they may seem to me.

• Nope. As you noted, I'm not bothered by others' political affiliations as long as they're not ridiculous and obnoxious with their views.

• I'm nothing. And I don't care. Just for the love of god don't involve me in political debates...

• As long as we both are respectful of one another it doesn't bother me at all.

• I don't care about politics, so I wouldn't care about someone's political views.
    Unless this person was always talking about that subject. Then I would be annoyed.

• Only with people that go crazy over this kind of thing.

• There is nothing wrong with people of a political orientation! People who come from the orient are human beings the same as we are. Stop being a racist!

• Lmfao I don't give a shit about something as miniscule as that. As long as they're not so extreme or try to impose their views on me I'm fine.

• No, I'm a centrist who leans left sometimes and one of my closest friends is a Republican who leans more to the right. My boyfriend is apolitical but he's voting for Trump. I have no trouble getting along with others as long as they aren't crazy.

• I try to appreciate the differences in other people and not let it become a problem.

• I'm a liberal and I do not care what you believe as long you're not racist, not homophobia, and you are not trying to force your views on me.

• If they're extremists, then yes

• If they can't keep a calm discussion and have an open mind, even if we differ then yes. I'd not want to discuss politics with him, or maybe anything else either.

• Yes because political stance is generally tied into morals

• As long they are fine with me being a lesbian and are not racist, I do not care

• Not unless they're annoying about it @prettyapathetic supports trump and I like her.

• Conservatives have good ideas

• One shouldn't be disliked because of political orientation other than yours.

• Depends on their political orientation but mostly yes.