I have a make-up addiction! How to stop buying?

I can't help it! I just love make-up!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Have a 'treat yourself day' once a year - and a budget for that day...

If you have something - like a blush, you don't need another one... just tell yourself that. Make it rational. Also - try to make some plans about how to spend your money in the future. If you feel you'll want an incredible coat - you'll have to save money for it - and each makeup item you spend on is getting you further away from that goal...
    Or if you want to save money - make a plan to save a certain amount every month.

What Guys Said 15

• It's a mental addiction and your best best is to go cold turkey if you believe it's a problem. You need to also find motivation to kick your addiction. I'm quitting smoking cigarettes right now so I know how it is to kick an addiction, especially one that is a mental and a physical addiction.

You need to find the willpower to quit before you can start to try and be moderate at it. Yours is quite easy.

• Just start telling yourself you look ugly with it. Maybe you'll stop wearing it then.

• many guys like myself actually think women look better without makeup. I guess my brain is just like "Hey! Real skin! 8-D" Perhaps you could repeat this to yourself?

• I love drugs

• try stting a limit on how much makeup you allow yourself to buy

• spend all that money on something else and you won't have any money to buy makeup

• Just get pink eye. When you realize how expensive it will be to replace everything you'll stop.

• if that be the case then go to MUA: make up anonymous, HAHA.
    seriously, if you use it and can afford it then enjoy it.

• Im not sure! Maybe prevent urself from entering the store

• Get obsessed with buying something else instead

• give all ur money to me so u dont have anything to buy make up. win win.

• Never stop doing what you like doing.

• YOU JUST DO THIS WONDERFUL THING.. ITS CALLED GROW UP

• If it makes you happy, go for it. You should pick days of lots make up, some make up and no make. The you can see different versions of looks that you never knew you have.

• Where do you buy it?

Seohora

Sephora! They sell make-up, soaps, perfumes, hair products... But mostly make-up!

Well, if there's nothing essential you buy there, why do you keep going back?

What Girls Said 14

• How to stop buying?

... um

Instead of buying stuff... you DON'T buy the stuff.

• My sister used to be obsessed with shopping for makeup due to the amount videos she watched on youtube. In order to stop her addiction, she stopped watching those videos.

So if you think you are getting influenced by something like that or anything, then try to avoid it

• I'm 47 years old and the best strategy I have is to stay away from situations where I can buy extraneous makeup; that counter at the malls, that part of the drug store, online shopping, resist my friend's make up parties, and go through the make up I have all the time so I keep perspective of the great amount I already possess.

• Do you actually use it all on a regular basis? I'm guessing you don't. Think of all the other things you could buy instead or just know that saving it up for the future is always a good idea.

hahah Yes I do! I love it! Unless i am depressed or in a rush to work I won't.

yeah I'll never learn ):

You gotta stick with it. Know that doing so will better your future.

• I''m like you! I love make up haha as long as you don't look like a clown it's all good!

• Perhaps don't go into stores that sell make up! Or you could be like "I'll use up 5-10 items before I buy a new one" and maybe that'll reduce the buying

• Get 2 or 3 guys to give your face a sperm bath every morning and you will stop thinking about buying makeup. Trust me it works!!

• That's me and handbags lol, erm maybe avoid going to the mall or the makeup store

• When you go out limit your budget

• haha send me some make up and then you have a reason to buy new make up :P heehehe

• You should have a budget and stick to it.

• Don't go to makeup stores.

• Idk! Lol if I knew I probably wouldn't have two desks full of makeup

• Move money into a saving account or set up a spending limit with your bank!!