Do you believe if you love someone you let them go?

I've always secretly believed that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely not mate!!!

I get your phrase and meaning but I view it like this mate.

If you love someone and having been together you disover that they are far better off without you, like as in, you're toxic together and they're happier when they're apart from you or with someone else. As painful as it is, because you love that person there happiness is all that matter to you, and with or without you, you let them be happy... I. E. You let them go. savvy?

But no it's not like, I love you, please go, so I can show you I love you enough to let you go for no reason laddy lol.

Love is always worth the fight, always. It's emotional agony and pain but always worth the fight. savvy :)

Most Helpful Girl

• My First Love...
    I let him Go a Long time ago and in Doing so, he Found another Love, with More Chemistry with Someone Maybe not More Special, but Someone he had More in Store with.
    *If you love Something Set it free. If it comes Back to you, it was Meant to Be, and if Not, it was Never yours to Begin with.
    Good luck and Great question. xx
    "

What Guys Said 12

• Only if they don't love me. I could never let someone go if they love me as much as I love them. Love is always worth fighting for

• you have to love yourself and let go the ones you loved.

Life is too short to wait for others to jump on your train...

• not really. i mean its always worth fighting for, but if the person doesn't love you back or doesn't have same feelings for you then you should let them go

• If it comes to that, you should be able to hold your pain to make sure the person becomes happy, even if its without you. That's one of the hardest and most selfless things to do.

• Odd phrasing. No. I believe if you love someone, you marry them, have children, build a family, and have great lives. Good luck!

• No I do not

• Let them go to where?
    What's the context?

• hat involves a lot of pain

• No, it never works like that.

• No, you go after them. You try again and really let them know how you feel about the., Even if things are awkward between you right now, or may be later on

• keep them if you can, only let them go if there's no other choice
    fight for love don't give up, letting go is not the same =)

• Well if they don't have the same feelings or I find that it's all me putting the effort in then yes. No one likes being the one that's overly interested or a pest.

Having said that I feel like it's a double standard to an extent. From my experience, if a girl isn't showing much interest or none at all repeatedly, you let them go otherwise they might think you're clingy or a stalker. But of a girl I'm not into or I don't do anything at all, they eventually reach out to me out of curiosity or think I'm playing hard to get.

What Girls Said 12

• "In romantic love, you want the other person. In true love, you want the other person's happiness."
    --Margaret Anderson

Hopefully, the person you truly love feels the same way about you that you feel about them; in which case they would never want to leave. If they don't, it's best to let them go.

• Life is too short. You should throw your cards on the table when you get chance and always tell people how you feel. If they choose to leave, then you let them go but you should always make the effort first. You don't want to be lying on your death bed regretting the things you didn't say.

• It's a vague phrase, but I have experienced this. It really depends on the situation. In my case - this was in high school, our relationship was toxic and neither of us were happy, so I broke things off. I loved him so much and deep down I know I'll never love anyone in the way I loved him.

• No I believe you fight to get the person back if the person is worth it. Letting go is giving up on the person.. LOL! :-P

• I think the saying is, if you love someone let them go, if they return they were yours, if they don't, they never were yours

• If they don't love me then yes I'd try my best to help them be happy with the person they want. If I love him I want him to be happy

• That depends on the circumstance

• Not randomly out of nowhere for the sake of it.

If you're the one putting all the effort in and getting nothing back yes. That speaks for itself, or if they want to go...

• The choice of whither to try to hold on to one you love or let them go is the same as when you catch a butterfly in your hand. You can either open your hand and watch it fly away or hold it in your hand and watch it die.

• In the case of unrequited love--definitely so.

• Yes.. and if it's meant to be God will bring them back to you.

• No. If you love someone, you fight to stay with them.

Letting go is for the weak.